This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These crunchy roasted green peas are so addictive, this is going to be your favorite healthy snack ever! Simply bake the green peas in the oven to make them dry and crispy!
Want a snack that’s healthy, full of protein, full of fiber, low in calories, low in fat, is delicious and actually makes you full? It exists! These crunchy roasted peas fit all these criteria and taste amazing! This is a guilt-free snack you can enjoy at any time no matter what kind of diet you are on!
These yummy little crispy baked peas are so addictive, you’ll be eating them and eating them by the handful! Even vegetable haters love these green peas in a crunchy form :)
These roasted green peas are also kid-friendly – if you can’t get your kids to eat vegetables, try enticing them with the crunchy peas, they might be willing to give a new crispy snack a try. After all, it’s kind of like “green popcorn”!
How To Make Roasted Green Peas
To make roasted green peas, just toss the green peas with a little olive oil, put on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake at 375F for 45 minutes to an hour. That’s it! As the peas are being baked, since they are so small in size they just dehydrate and become dried and crunchy. When the peas are done baking, sprinkle them with salt and your favorite seasonings. I love them sprinkled with chili powder or Parmesan cheese!
Where do you find shelled green peas? Just use frozen green peas in a bag! They are really cheap too! Just defrost the bag of frozen peas in a microwave, dry them with paper towels the best way you can and roast away. Now you have another healthy snack in your rotation!
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and seasonings to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thaw the green peas, drain the water and put the green peas on paper towels. Blot them with paper towels as well so the peas are as dry as possible.
- Put the green peas in a bowl, drizzle with oil and toss so they are all coated with oil.
- Put the peas on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put the peas the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Check the roasted peas and see if they are crunchy enough. If not, return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle roasted peas with salt and spices to taste.