These sesame honey bars are amazing! Sweetened only with honey and no refined sugar!
This is an authentic Greek recipe for sesame-honey bars called Pasteli. These things are mouthwatering and so addictive! Eat one bite and you will drool and reach for another, your mouth will be begging for more and more sesame honey goodness! This is insane!
An awesome thing about Greek Pasteli is that they are made with natural unprocessed ingredients and no refined sugar. They are all natural, gluten-free and fit into Paleo diet. The only ingredients in a basic Pasteli recipe are sesame seeds and honey. This version adds sunflower seeds and chopped nuts just for fun :) Feel free to use any kind of chopped nuts or other type of seeds – you can be as creative as you’d like!
The quantity of honey in this recipe is 1/2 cup, and the total quantity of sesame seed and nut mixture is 1 1/2 cup. So basically, any seeds and nuts can be in your mixture, as long as the total amount of dry mixture is 1 1/2 cup.
You can eat these honey sesame bars for dessert, snack or breakfast! Since seeds and nuts are very filling, Pasteli make perfect energy bars. Imagine these sesame bars waiting for your for breakfast with a cup of coffee – that kind of breakfast is truly to look forward to!
If you like these sesame honey bars, you will also love these easy recipes:
Honey Candied Pecans – these amazing candied nuts are only using honey, no refined sugar!
Homemade Granola Bars – once you taste these homemade granola bars, you’ll never want to eat store-bought! Perfect for breakfast on the go!
Healthy Nutella Energy Balls – these are actually made from homemade hazelnut-chocolate mixture that’s much healthier than Nutella from the can!
Coconut Energy Balls – these coconut protein balls are super healthy and filling snack! They are like little snowballs, you are going to love them!
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins – these are the healthiest muffins ever, and no refined sugar! They are so tall and taste amazing!
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cups sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chopped nuts
- Put 2 large sheets of parchment paper on the counter and spray them with cooking spray.
- Put honey in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and nuts and mix until combined.
- Transfer the sesame mixture to one sheet of parchment paper.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment paper (cooking spray covered surface touching the sesame mixture), and roll with a rolling pin to flatten the mixture to ¼-inch thick.
- Carefully remove the top parchment paper and let cool for 15 minutes. Cut the sesame honey mixture into bars using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Refrigerate the sesame honey bars for at least 2 hours before serving. Store in a refrigerator.