This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These festive chocolate-covered strawberries are red, white and green – just in time for Christmas! Dipped in white chocolate and green sugar, they are a must for your Holiday party!
Who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries? I don’t see a single hand raised :) Everyone will devour these amazing Christmas strawberries dipped in white chocolate and green sugar! They are red, white and green – staying true to the Christmas spirit!
If you see the prices on the chocolate covered strawberries at the gourmet store, it’s crazy! Like $2-$4 per strawberry – absolutely outrageous! Especially during the Christmas season the prices can only go up – everyone wants to take advantage of the holiday craze :) I bet the Red, White and Green chocolate covered strawberries are even more expensive than regular ones. Don’t waste your money on those overpriced store-bought chocolate strawberries – just make your own. It’s soooo easy! Especially when you follow my simple instructions :)
If you’ve been following me for a while, you know I also make the red white and blue chocolate covered strawberries for 4th of July! Same concept, just using the blue sugar sprinkles instead of green :) If you are looking for regular dark chocolate covered strawberries recipe, check out my tutorial how to make chocolate dipped strawberries.
Making Christmas chocolate covered strawberries is super easy, you can literally do it in under 10 minutes from start to finish. All you need to do is melt the chocolate in the microwave, put the green sugar on a plate, grab each strawberry by the stem and dunk first in chocolate and then in sugar. Lay the dipped strawberries on the parchment paper (so they don’t stick) and refrigerate until chocolate coating hardens. That’s it :)
A key to success to making the chocolate covered strawberries is making sure the strawberries are completely dry before dipping. If they are wet, the chocolate coating won’t stick well. So after you wash your strawberries, either lay them out on the paper towels to dry, or if you have no time to wait, just blot each strawberry with a big bunch of paper towels and it will be dry enough to dip.
A word of caution on using white chocolate for dipping strawberries – you must use the white chocolate BAKING BAR! Do not use white chocolate chips or regular white chocolate – they might not melt properly! Ask me how I know ;) Yeah, I’ve had a kitchen disaster with white chocolate chips where they turned into yellow crumbs instead of melting when I tried to melt them in a microwave. The white chocolate baking bar melts perfectly, resulting in a very smooth layer of white chocolate covering these delicious festive Christmas strawberries!
Not only are these Christmas strawberries delicious, they are also so FUN with their awesome red, white and blue colors! If you like cute fun foods, also check out my Christmas Grinch fruit kabobs – they are Christmas fruit skewers that resemble the Grinch character :)
How To Make Christmas Chocolate Covered Strawberries Step By Step
Here are the ingredients you need:
The strawberries are ready to be dipped in white chocolate and green sugar!
First, dip strawberry in white chocolate:
Then dip the strawberry in the green sugar:
Put the Christmas strawberries on the parchment paper to dry, and refrigerate for 20 minutes for the white chocolate to harden.
- 16 oz strawberries
- 1 bar (8 oz) baking white chocolate
- ¼ cup green sugar sprinkles
- Wash the strawberries and dry thoroughly by blotting with the paper towels. The strawberries must be completely dry in order for the coating to stick.
- Line a large plate with parchment paper, this will be the plate for the dipped strawberries.
- Break the white chocolate baking bar into small pieces and put into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Low (Defrost) for 1 minute, then stir with a spoon. If not completely melted, keep microwaving and stirring in 30 second increments until the white chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- Put the green sugar on a small plate.
- Grab one strawberry by the green stem, then carefully lower into melted white chocolate.
- Lift the strawberry out of chocolate and dip into a green sugar.
- Put the strawberry on parchment paper.
- Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Refrigerate the chocolate covered strawberries for 20 minutes for the white chocolate to set.