Red Velvet Cookies With White Chocolate Chips – Best Ever!
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This is the best red velvet cookies recipe ever! Once you try these soft and chewy red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips inside, you’ll never make them any other way!
Calling all cookie lovers! These homemade red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips are pure perfection! They look so impressive, have soft and chewy texture and taste out of this world!
These red velvet chocolate chip cookies are perfect for any occasion. Make them for Christmas, make them for Valentine’s day, make them for birthdays, make them for any day of the year. If you ever make them for a bake sale, they will get sold out in minutes because they are so beautiful!
These amazing cookies are deep red in color, with bright white chocolate chips throughout. The white chocolate chips really stand out against the red background and accentuate the red. The cookie itself is so smooth and velvety, no wonder it’s called “red velvet”! And these red velvet cookies taste as good as they look!
These mouthwatering red velvet cookies are very soft and chewy, they just melt in your mouth. And the sweet velvety taste of white chocolate complements the red velvet dough so well. These cookies are loaded with white chocolate chips, you taste the white chocolate in every bite. White chocolate is the best chocolate to go in red velvet desserts, period.
These delicious red velvet cookies stay fresh in a covered container at room temperature for up to 5 days. But I guarantee you they won’t last that long at your house :)
Every time you pass by these cookies, you’ll need to take one… or two. The amazing taste of these red velvet cookies makes it impossible to stop eating them!
How To Make Red Velvet Cookies
Making the red velvet cookie dough is very simple, it’s literally a one bowl recipe (all the ingredients are on a recipe card on the bottom). Just mix the liquid ingredients, then add the dry ingredients and finally fold in the chocolate chips. Use the whole 2 tbsp of red food coloring to color the dough a beautiful deep dark red.
Red velvet cookie dough has to be chilled in a refrigerator for at least 1 hour, otherwise the cookies will spread way too much.
Once the dough is chilled, take it by heaping tablespoon and roll into balls.
Flatten the dough balls with the palm of your hand into thick cookie shapes.
Add even more white chocolate chips on top of cookies, so they look even more beautiful!
Bake the red velvet cookies in the oven for 10 minutes at 350F.
Since you need to chill the cookie dough, you can make it up to 3 days ahead and just keep the dough in refrigerator until you are ready to make cookies. You can also freeze cookie dough – get to the step when you flatten the cookie dough balls into disks, then put those disks on the baking sheet, put in a freezer until frozen solid, then put frozen cookie dough a freezer bag. When ready to bake the cookies, put frozen cookie dough on a baking sheet and just add a minute or two to the baking time. For more tips on freezing all types of cookie dough, read my detailed article on how to freeze cookie dough.
If you like red velvet cookies, you will also love these other beautiful sweet treats:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles – if you are always tempted to eat cookie dough, you will go crazy for these amazing truffles!
Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries – everyone loves chocolate covered strawberries, and here’s a foolproof way to make them at home!
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes – gooey melted dark chocolate comes out of these epic little cakes, what more could anyone ask for?
Chocolate Truffle Cake – impressive homemade chocolate cake with truffles on top!
Homemade Cookie Cake – just like a cookie cake for a bakery!
Red Velvet Cookies With White Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips divided
- Put butter, white sugar and brown sugar in a bowl and mix with a mixer until combined. Add the egg, vanilla and food coloring and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, and mix until combined. Add 1 cup of white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Don't attempt to bake these cookies without refrigerating the dough - they'll spread way too much. If you refrigerate for more than 1 hour, leave the dough on the counter for 20 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take the cookie dough by a heaping tablespoon and roll into balls. Put the ball on the baking sheet, then slightly flatten with a palm of your hand into a thick cookie shape. Make sure the cookies are spaced at least 2 inches apart. Put the remaining 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips on top of cookie dough and press into the cookies.
- Put the red velvet cookies in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!