This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
The most common kind of quesadilla is the cheese quesadilla, where the shredded cheese goes inside the tortilla that is folded in half, and the tortilla is cooked on both sides until the cheese is melted. This new quesadilla recipe is more substantial since it includes meat in addition to cheese.
In this turkey and cheese quesadilla, the quesadilla filling is made out of the deli turkey lunch meat and shredded cheese. The turkey and cheese quesadilla is just as easy to make as the plain cheese quesadilla – since we use deli turkey, the turkey is already cooked. All you need to do is cut the turkey lunch meat into pieces, put the turkey pieces and shredded cheese inside the tortilla and cook the quesadilla for a minute on each side.
For the cheese, you can use any kind of shredded cheese. Most often I use packaged sharp shredded cheddar cheese. You will get the hot browned tortilla with the filling of warm turkey and hot melted oozing cheese – yum!
Turkey Quesadillas Recipe
- 8 flour tortillas 8-inch
- 1 lb deli turkey slices cut into small pieces
- 1 package 8 oz shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp oil
- Assemble the quesadillas: On half of the tortilla, sprinkle the shredded cheese, put some turkey pieces on top of the cheese, then sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of the turkey. Fold the tortilla over the filling, so it's folded in half. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Put the oil in a non-stick frying pan, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Put the tortillas on the frying pan in a single layer (usually just 2 or 3 will fit at once).
- Cook for 2 minutes, then carefully flip the quesadilla with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes on the other side.
Here’s the closeup picture of a quesadilla with turkey and cheese – you can actually see the turkey pieces inside the quesadilla!
If you like quesadillas with turkey, you will also love turkey enchiladas! Please check out my turkey enchiladas recipe.