This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
When you need something quick, healthy and delicious, cook up some hummus quesadillas without cheese. You can even take them to the next level with homemade hummus! The best part? These are vegan AND dairy-free.
Think the only things you can make a quesadilla with are chicken and cheese? Think again! If you haven’t tried to make it with hummus, this recipe is going to change your life!
Hummus Quesadillas Without Cheese
If you are looking for a vegan lunch that you can make in just a few minutes, these hummus quesadillas without cheese are perfect! They are both vegan and dairy-free. I basically used hummus instead of cheese. They are so flavorful that you won’t miss the cheese!
If you aren’t really into vegan or dairy-free recipes, then check out my easy cheese quesadillas. Do you have an air fryer? If so, make my chicken quesadillas in the air fryer – they come out crispy and yummy!
How To Make Hummus Quesadillas Without Cheese
Here’s how to make your very own dairy-free quesadillas without cheese. They are so easy that even kids can learn to make them.
First, heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Depending on the type of oil you use, you might have to turn the heat down so it doesn’t spit at you. I prefer to just use vegetable oil, especially for vegan quesadillas.
Next, spread the hummus over half of each tortilla.
You can add as much hummus as you want! I spread a thin layer because I wanted to make more quesadillas.
Then, fold each tortilla in half to close it. I found that folding them in half makes them easier to flip. If you wanted to, you could add another tortilla on top, but then they become really difficult to flip.
Put the folded tortilla in a frying pan and cook for 3 minutes (or until the bottom is golden-brown).
Flip quesadillas over with a spatula and cook on another side for 2 minutes (or until golden-brown on both sides).
You can eat them just like this, right out of the pan. I prefer to put them on my plate and cut them into triangles. This makes it easier to pick up and eat.
Quesadilla Cooking Tips
- Make sure you use a large enough pan for the tortillas so there is room on all sides for the heat to radiate.
- Use flour tortillas instead of corn. They are softer and crisp up better in the frying pan.
- Save time and use pre-made hummus. If you have time, you can make homemade hummus – it will have so much more flavor if you do!
What To Serve With Hummus Quesadillas
More Dairy-Free Recipes
If you loved these hummus quesadillas without cheese, check out some of my other vegan recipes.
These are some of my go-to’s:
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash Fries
- Spicy Garlic Sesame Sauteed Kale
- Instant Pot Black Beans
- Air Fryer Roasted Snow Peas
- Roasted Potatoes With Skins
Hummus Quesadillas Without Cheese
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Spread the hummus over half of each tortilla, then fold each tortilla in half to close it.
- Put folded tortilla in a frying pan and cook for 3 minutes (or until the bottom is golden-brown). Flip quesadillas over with a spatula and cook on another side for 2 minutes (or until golden-brown on both sides).