These apple cinnamon banana oatmeal squares are so healthy and delicious! They are vegan, gluten-free, free from refined sugar and taste amazing!
These breakfast oatmeal squares are full of healthy apples and bananas! Yummy fruits and healthy oats, so delicious and so good for you!
There is no flour, so these apple banana oatmeal bars are gluten-free! Also, there is no refined sugar – they are sweetened with maple syrup!
This recipe uses the same process as my strawberry banana baked oatmeal, except that I’m using sliced apples and cinnamon instead of sliced strawberries and vanilla. Just a new twist on an old recipe, and the new yummy breakfast bar is created!
These healthy cinnamon apple breakfast squares recipe is using simple wholesome ingredients: oats, bananas, maple syrup, baking powder, apples and cinnamon. Simple natural foods combined together produce amazing results!
Many baked oatmeal recipes contain eggs to bind the oats together, but this recipe is 100% vegan – no eggs and no dairy needed! Sticky maple syrup acts as a binder to hold the ingredients together and turn them into breakfast bars!
Fresh apples and cinnamon go so well together, I can never get enough of this combo! When these bars are baking, your house will smell so amazing!
You can eat these oatmeal banana apple squares for breakfast, snack or dessert! They are a perfect healthy treat that you can enjoy anytime because it’s actually good for you!
If you like these apple cinnamon oatmeal squares, you will also love these easy recipes:
Healthy Baked Apples – these baked apples have no added sugar and taste amazing!
Cinnamon Apple Chips – who ever thought CHIPS can be so healthy! They are so yummy and addicting!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Cookies – just 3 wholesome ingredients, these are the healthiest cookies ever!
Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal Cups – perfect healthy breakfast on the go!
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Mug Cake – single serving healthy banana bread that’s gluten-free and mouthwatering!
- 2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 sliced apples
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line an 8x8 square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Put 1 cup of rolled oats in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process for several minutes until the oats resemble the flour.
- Put bananas in a large bowl and mash them with a fork until smooth. Add maple syrup and mix until combined. Add oat flour, baking powder and the remaining 1 cup of rolled oats. Mix until combined.
- Transfer ⅔ of the banana mixture to the baking dish and spread in a single layer.
- Put a layer of sliced apples on top of the banana mixture.
- Put the remaining banana mixture on top of the apple slices, so it resembles crumble.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely, then slice into bars or squares.