This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Hot little personal pizza with gooey melted stretchy cheese – yes, please! Ready from start to finish in 15 minutes – dinner is served!
Using pita bread for a pizza crust is my favorite quick and easy pizza shortcut! Pita bread makes an instant delicious pizza crust that is a perfect size for individual personal pizzas!
Making cheese pita pizzas is extremely easy – just brush the pita bread with oil, slather with tomato sauce, sprinkle with herbs and throw on the handful of shredded cheese! Bake in the hot oven for 10 minutes, and out come the amazing stretchy gooey cheesy yummy little pita pizzas! Yum yum yum!
Pita pizzas are almost as quick to make as popping a frozen pizza in the oven, but they are so much fresher, tastier and healthier! Cheese pita pizzas take just 5 minutes to assemble and 10 minutes to bake – a total of 15 minutes and you’ll have dinner on the table!
Unlike frozen pizza, these cheese pita pizza uses all natural ingredients and you know exactly what goes into it! Pita bread is naturally low fat, and you can always omit olive oil and reduce the amount of cheese if you want to cut the calories!
These pita pizzas are perfectly portioned for individual serving – each pita pizza is a personal-size pizza. Making personal pizzas means that you can easily customize them for each person based on their preferences. This cheese pizza is the simplest type of pizza, but you can take it even further and add the toppings of your choice! Everyone will devour these amazing little pizzas – enjoy!
- 4 pitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- ½ can (4 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Put the pitas on a non-stick baking sheet in a single layer.
- Brush the pitas with olive oil.
- Spoon the tomato sauce on the pita and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the Italian herb seasoning on the pita.
- Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese on the pita.
- Put the pita pizzas in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.