This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Nothing beats the taste of hot, fresh, salty tortilla chips fresh from the fryer. These air fryer tortilla chips taste just like the ones from your favorite Mexican restaurant but take much less time (and grease) to make!
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Add these to the menu for your next taco Tuesday!
These air fryer tortilla chips are the best chips you will ever eat! It’s kinda crazy how easy they are to make, too. All you do is slice some tortillas into triangles and then let the air fryer do all the work.
I betcha, once you try these homemade tortilla chips, you won’t want to go back to the store-bought ones again.
If you really aren’t into Mexican food (or tortilla chips), then try my air fryer frozen french fries as a party food/side dish instead. They are so much easier to make in the air fryer than the oven.
How To Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
If you can work a knife and an air fryer, then you can make these chips.
First, brush the tortillas with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle the tortillas with salt and your desired seasonings.
Then, cut tortillas into chip-size triangles. You can make these as small or as large as you want them to be.
Put all of the tortilla chips in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350 degrees for 7 minutes (or until crispy), shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- For this recipe, I recommend using flour tortillas. Corn tortillas can work too- they just tear differently and aren’t as easy to work with.
- As far as which size to use, this is entirely up to you. You’ll get more bang for your buck if you use burrito-sized tortillas. They are larger and you’ll user fewer tortillas.
- Another tip that I learned when I made these chips is that you don’t have to be perfect when you cut them into triangles. I tend to just rip them up into smaller pieces. Chips in the bags or at the restaurants aren’t all uniform either.
- Have fun with the spices and seasonings on your tortilla chips. I like squirting a dash of lime juice on them as soon as they come out of the air fryer. Sprinkle some salt – if you like them spicier, add a dash of cayenne pepper!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
These are so fun to serve alongside your favorite homemade dips. I think the perfect thing to serve with them is a big bowl of homemade pico de gallo. If you want something a little sweeter, mix up some pineapple salsa instead!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved these air fryer tortilla chips, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some of my go-to’s:
- Roasted Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Cabbage Wedges In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Tator Tots
- Tortilla Pizza In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- 2 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and seasonings to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Brush tortillas with olive oil on both sides. Sprinkle the tortillas with salt and desired seasonings.
- Cut tortillas into chip-size triangles.
- Put tortilla chips in the air fryer basket. Cook at 350F for 7 minutes (or until crispy), shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.