This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This creamy and super cheesy Mexican inspired Queso Fresco Dip is addictively delicious and perfect for your next party! It’s a quick and easy 6-ingredient recipe that takes just 5 minutes to whip together with the help of a food processor!
Queso Fresco Dip
If you’re looking for a super easy snack or party dip this queso fresco dip recipe is it! Made with delicious queso fresco, which is a type of Latin fresh cheese, and some Mexican sour cream, this dip is amazing! It’s a simple cold dip that is smooth, creamy, and cheesy. Not to mention, vegetarian, gluten-free, and low carb too!
But the best part about this queso fresco dip aside from its yumminess is that it’s so quick and easy to make! You only need 6 ingredients and 5 minutes to whip this recipe together with a food processor or immersion blender! Then all you have to do is decide if you want to serve it with tortilla chips, veggies, or bread! You could even use it as a salad dressing if you like!
How To Make Queso Fresco Dip
You only need 6 ingredients to make this recipe!
- Queso Fresco – This is a type of soft fresh Mexican cheese typically made from cow’s milk.
- Mexican Sour Cream – Also, called Mexican crema, you can find it in almost any grocery store. You can also use regular sour cream if you prefer.
- Lime – Use a fresh lime for the most flavor. Store-bought concentrated lime is sometimes bitter.
- Salt – Used to season the dip.
- Black Pepper – Adds just a bit of peppery flavor. You can use cayenne pepper or ground chipotle pepper if you want to make the dip spicy.
- Garlic Powder – Just a touch of garlic brings the dip together. Fresh minced garlic is another option.
To start, cut the queso fresco into large chunks. Then put the cheese into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse it a few times until it’s crumbly. If you are using an immersion blender you will need to chop the cheese up into crumbles and then move on to the next step.
Add the sour cream and the juice of one lime to the crumbled cheese in the food processor. Now, add the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder too.
Next, put the lid on the food processor and blend then everything together until the dip is smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times with a rubber spatula.
When the queso fresco dip is ready, pour it into a bowl and then serve it with tortilla chips, bread, or veggies for dipping!
How To Store
Queso fresco dip will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. This also means that you can make this dip ahead of time and serve it the following day, which makes it perfect for parties! However, it does not freeze well.
What To Serve With Queso Fresco Dip
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
If you enjoyed this simple queso fresco dip recipe then you should check out some of my other tasty appetizer recipes. I’ve got a big selection to choose from! These are just a few of my favorites.
- Mexican Style Shrimp Cocktail
- Easy Jalapeno Poppers
- Caprese Salad Skewers
- Guacamole Recipe
- How To Make Bacon Chips
Queso Fresco Dip
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Chop the queso fresco into large chunks and then put it into a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Now, pulse the cheese a few times until it turns into large crumbles.
- Add the Mexican sour cream to the crumbled cheese in the food processor. Now, add all the juice of the lime along with the salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Turn the food processor on and blend everything together until it's smooth.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and then serve with tortilla chips to enjoy!