This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These crispy and cheesy Air Fryer Pasta Chips are a fun and tasty way to use leftover pasta! Made by tossing cooked pasta together with some olive oil, parmesan cheese, and seasonings, this unique finger food is sure to wow your friends and family!
Air Fryer Pasta Chips Recipe
Pasta lovers, rejoice! You know that feeling when you’ve cooked way too much pasta and you’re left with a mountain of leftovers!?! Fear not, my carb-loving friends! I have discovered a fun and delicious way to use up all that leftover pasta and turn it into scrumptious finger food by making air fryer pasta chips!
That’s right! Chips made out of leftover pasta! If you’re thinking how!?! Basically, we’re talking about tossing cooked pasta coated with some olive oil, parmesan cheese, and seasonings right into the air fryer. It’s actually that easy! And what you get are cheesy, crispy, crunchy, chips ready for dipping into your favorite homemade hummus, pizza sauce, or ranch.
So let’s dig in and discover the magic of this unique finger food that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy!
How To Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- Cooked Pasta – You need bite-size cooked pasta like farfalle or rigatoni.
- Olive Oil – I like to use olive oil, but any type of vegetable oil will work.
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated parmesan cheese works best. Romano cheese is another option.
- Italian Seasoning – It’s a combination of dried basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram.
- Garlic Powder – Adds some garlicky goodness to the chips. Make sure not to use garlic salt because the parmesan is already pretty salty.
Before you begin chip making you need to prep your air fryer! So first, spray the inside of your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray or grease it with vegetable oil. You need to do this to ensure that the chips don’t stick.
Next, put the cooked pasta into a large bowl. Then drizzle it with the olive oil and toss the pasta until it’s evenly covered in oil. Now, add the parmesan cheese to the bowl and some Italian seasoning and garlic powder to taste. Then toss the pasta again until it’s totally covered in cheese and seasonings.
Now, for the fun part! Put the seasoned pasta into the greased air fryer basket and slide it into the air fryer. Then air fry the chips at 400°F for 10 minutes. Then after 5 minutes of cooking remove the basket and flip the chips over. You can use a spatula or just shake the basket to flip the chips, but it needs to be done so that they cook evenly. Then once they are flipped just put the basket back into the air fryer and let the pasta chips finish cooking.
When the air fryer pasta chips are ready transfer them to your serving dish and enjoy!
How to Store Pasta Chips?
The chips are best when eaten right away, but they will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container or sealed bag. It’s also possible to reheat them in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Pasta Chips
You can serve these cheesy pasta chips with on their own, with a chip dip, or as part of a finger food assortment! My Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas, Jalapeno Poppers, and Air Fried Frozen Clams along with these chips would make for a tasty spread!
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you liked this air fryer pasta chips recipe and want to learn more ways to use your air fryer, I can help! I’ve got loads on my blog! These are just a few of my favorites.
- How To Air Fry Frozen Mini Tacos
- Air Fried Mahi Mahi
- How To Air Fry Ground Beef
- Air Fried Artichokes
- Box Yellow Cake In The Air Fryer
- Air Fried Breaded Turkey Cutlets
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the inside of your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray or brush it with vegetable oil.
- Toss the cooked pasta together with the olive oil in a large bowl. Now, add the parmesan cheese along with a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Then toss everything together once more.
- Put the coated pasta into the air fryer basket. Next, put the basket into the air fryer and cook the chips at 400°F for 10 minutes. Then at halfway through the cooking time remove the air fryer basket and flip the chips over with a spatula. Then put the basket back into the air fryer and let the pasta chips finish cooking.
- When done, transfer the chips to a dish and serve!