This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These air fryer tater tots are amazing! So crunchy and delicious and super easy to cook in the air fryer straight from frozen!
I don’t know about you, but I LOVE tater tots! So many of us grew up eating these delicious golden bites of potato and I’ll admit, I’ll sneak a tot (or 10) when I make a batch for my kids. But, I have to say…cooking these frozen tater tots in the air fryer is so much easier and healthier than you think. You still get that deep-fried texture but without all the oils and grease!
Trust me- you’ll never cook frozen tater tots any other way.
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
These air fryer frozen tater tots are simply amazing! All you need is one ingredient: tater tots! And, they are ready to eat in just under 15 minutes.
What more can you ask for?
Seasoning Combos For Tater Tots
The best part about tater tots is that they are a blank canvas. You can use all sorts of different seasonings (or leave them as is as many packed tater tots come pre-seasoned) and they taste delicious.
Here are some of my favorite seasonings to sprinkle over the top:
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Cajun seasoning (see my homemade cajun seasoning recipe)
- Taco seasoning (see my homemade taco seasoning recipe)
- Everything Bagel seasoning (see my homemade everything bagel seasoning recipe)
You have plenty of options!
If you don’t yet own an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend. I use my air fryer several times per week and can’t imagine not having it!
How To Cook Frozen Tater Tots In The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking anything, make sure to spray the inside of the air fryer basket with your preferred cooking spray. This helps to make sure the tater tots won’t stick to the bottom of the basket.
Empty out the bag of frozen tater tots (or whatever amount you are wanted to make) into the air fryer basket.
Cook the frozen tater tots in the air fryer at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
Once you are satisfied with the crispiness of the tater tots, remove them from the air fryer basket and serve them immediately.
- If you want your tater tots to be extra crunchy, make sure to not overcrowd the air fryer basket so they can fully cook and get that golden brown color we all love.
What To Serve With Tater Tots
Growing up, my favorite thing to eat with tater tots was a nice juicy hamburger cooked in the air fryer or a juicy hotdog in a bun. My kids love to eat them like this too but they also enjoy them with:
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this air fried tater tots recipe, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are a few of the recipes I make frequently:
- Air Fryer Frozen Breaded Shrimp
- Roasted Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Corn In The Cob In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Portobello Pizza
Air Fryer Frozen Tater Tots
- 32 oz frozen tater tots
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with a cooking spray.
- Put frozen tater tots in the air fryer basket.
- Cook frozen tater tots in the air fryer at 400F for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove cooked tater tots from the air fryer and serve immediately.