This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These Instant Pot baby carrots are so finger-lickin’ good! Glazed with honey and cinnamon, so mouthwatering and addictive!
Look at these amazing baby carrots! So bright orange in color and tender to the bite, these baby carrots will make a perfect vegetable side dish for your table! Sprinkled with specks of cinnamon, shining with the honey glaze, they just want to jump into your mouth!
They are made in the Instant Pot – my favorite kitchen tool, I find it indispensable! If you haven’t jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon, read my article “What Is Instant Pot” to learn more about what it can do.
Another awesome thing about these Instant Pot baby carrots is that it’s the healthiest version of glazed carrots you’ll ever find. The only ingredients this recipe is using are baby carrots, honey and cinnamon (plus the water to cook baby carrots in the Instant Pot). The carrots are naturally sweetened with honey, and since honey is sticky, it forms a perfect natural glaze!
Forget about cooking carrots in sugary syrups. This is a side dish, not dessert! With this healthy version of glazed carrots, the actual carrot flavor still comes through and the taste of honey perfectly complements it and the cinnamon accentuates the sweet goodness. These Instant Pot baby carrots fit into Paleo diet and are a perfect clean eating recipe!
Cooking baby carrots in the Instant Pot is extremely easy. Once you try cooking baby carrots in the Instant Pot, you’ll never cook them on the stove again! All you need to do is put a bag of baby carrots and 1 cup water in the Instant Pot and pressure cook them for 4 minutes on High pressure, followed by quick release of the steam (QR). Then drain the water, add honey and cinnamon and toss until the carrots are evenly glazed (see the printable recipe card on the bottom of this article for exact ingredient quantities). That’s it – amazing natural honey cinnamon glazed carrots are ready!
If you search for Instant Pot baby carrots recipes online, most people recommend cooking them for 2 or 3 minutes. I find this not enough as the resulting carrots are too tough. If I want crunchy carrots, I’ll eat them raw :) My recommended Instant Pot pressure cooking time for baby carrots is 4 minutes on High pressure. After 4 minutes, baby carrots are very tender, yet not mushy – that’s exactly how I like them.
These Instant Pot honey cinnamon carrots reheat very well, so it’s a perfect make-ahead side dish for a holiday table. But since they are so quick and easy to make, these carrots are also perfect for a weeknight dinner! Good enough for company and simple enough for busy weeknight – this type of recipe is always a winner in my book!
If you like these Instant Pot baby carrots, you will also love these other Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup – so easy to make and so flavorful, this is a perfect soup for the Fall!
- Instant Pot Cornbread – yes, you can bake cornbread in the Instant Pot! Nothing beats homemade cornbread!
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash – so tender and delicious, this is a perfect healthy side dish!
Can’t get enough of my Instant Pot recipes? Click here to see my whole Instant Pot recipe box!
Instant Pot Baby Carrots With Honey Cinnamon Glaze
- 16 oz baby carrots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup water
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put water and baby carrots in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and turn the valve to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 4 minutes on High pressure.
- When it's done cooking, quick release (QR) the steam.
- Drain baby carrots and return them to the Instant Pot.
- Pour the honey and sprinkle the cinnamon over the baby carrots. Toss until all the carrots are evenly coated with honey and cinnamon.
- Instant Pot Porcupine Meatballs – the old classic is hip again thanks to the Instant Pot! Made with ground beef and rice – rice sticks out like porcupine needles, therefore the name :)
- Instant Pot Chili – what could be more comforting then a bowl of homemade chili? Just dump the ingredients, press the button and you are done!
- Instant Pot Banana Bread – so moist and delicious and full of banana flavor!