This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This easy recipe makes a very juicy and tender pork shoulder roast. The meat is so flavorful and just falls off the bone, and the skin is browned and crispy – and that’s exactly what you want in this dish!
Cooking a pork shoulder roast is very easy – just season it with salt, garlic and your favorite spices and bake in the oven. If you try this recipe for oven roasted pork shoulder, you’ll never want to cook a pork shoulder any other way.
You can serve the pork shoulder roast immediately after it’s done – just slice it and enjoy this tender succulent roasted meat. The pork shoulder also tastes great cold the next day – you can slice this pork roast in thin slices when it’s cold, and it makes outstanding cold cuts for sandwiches!
Another way to enjoy the pork roast leftovers is to shred the meat in the food processor, mix with barbecue sauce and have yummy shredded BBQ pork. Whichever way you eat it, the pork shoulder roast is really tasty, and it’s so easy to make!
Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe
- 4 lb pork shoulder bone-in, skin-on
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the roasting pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Stuff chopped garlic under the skin of the pork shoulder and in the meat pockets.
- Mix salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Rub the pork shoulder with the salt mixture all over.
- Put the pork shoulder in the roasting pan. Cover the pork with a sheet of foil. Put in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove the top foil. Baste the pork shoulder with the pan juices (spoon the liquid from the pan and pour over the meat). Bake uncovered for another 1 hour.
- Baste the pork shoulder again and move it to the top rack. Bake for 1 more hour.
- Cover the pork shoulder with the foil again. Bake for 15 more minutes.