This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This delicious gluten-free almond flour blueberry cake recipe is so healthy and good for you! And it’s not just gluten-free! This cake is also low in sugar, low in calories, and full of yummy blueberries that burst in your mouth with each bite! A slice of this cake is the perfect healthy breakfast or after dinner dessert.
Almond Flour Blueberry Cake Recipe (Gluten-Free)
Meet the cake that will change your mind about gluten-free baking! This blueberry cake made with almond flour is amazing! It’s moist, full of flavor, and just oh so yummy! And you only need 5 ingredients!
This is the perfect cake recipe for even the most novice baker! In fact, it’s a great dessert that’s low in sugar to make with the kids. They will love this almond flour blueberry cake so much they won’t even realize it’s healthy!
You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries for this cake recipe making it possible to make it even when blueberries aren’t in season.
Health Benefits of Blueberries
Blueberries are named for their color, but they are so much more than that! They are rich in antioxidants as well as full of many essential vitamins and minerals making them one of the most popular superfoods. Blueberries are good for heart health, managing cholesterol, blood pressure, and even diabetes. Just one cup of blueberries can provide 25% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Also, for a fruit, they are relatively low in sugar making them a perfect snack choice for kids or anyone watching calories.
How to make Gluten-free Blueberry Cake with Almond Flour
This yummy blueberry almond flour cake is really simple to make! You only need 5 ingredients and 45 minutes. That is easy peasy for gluten-free baking. And you can use either fresh or frozen blueberries.
These are the ingredients you will need:
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 and 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 12oz Blueberries
To begin, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then spray a 9″ nonstick round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also grease the pan with butter or line it with parchment paper if you prefer.
Next, crack 4 eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the maple syrup. Then whisk together to combine. You can also use honey, regular sugar, or Splenda if you like.
To bake the cake, pour the batter into the prepared pan spreading it evenly. Then put the almond flour blueberry cake in the oven to bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. When the cake is done the top will be golden brown in color and a toothpick will come out clean.
Finally, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
How to Store Blueberry Almond Flour Cake
This cake will keep for about 4 days at room temperature when either covered or stored in a container. You can also store it in an airtight container in the fridge for about a week or in the freezer for months. If you do decide the freeze the cake, I suggest you allow it to thaw out at room temperature rather than defrost it in the microwave.
Almond Flour Blueberry Cake Recipe Variations
This simple recipe is really easy to customize in several ways. These suggested changes won’t alter the texture or the baking time. Here are some ways you can modify your gluten-free blueberry almond flour cake.
- Change the sugar: You can replace the maple syrup with honey, regular white sugar, or even sugar alternatives like Splenda. If you are using white sugar or honey use the same amount as stated in the recipe below. However, for Splenda, you will want to follow the directions on the package for the recommended amount.
- Make it lemony: Add some lemon zest and a tablespoon of lemon juice to the cake batter to turn it into a lemon blueberry cake! Do note, that it’s important not to add more than one tablespoon of lemon juice as more can throw off the recipe.
- Spice it up: For some warm flavors, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the batter. This will make the cake more like a blueberry coffee cake flavor.
- Add nuts: Like nuts in cake? No problem. You can add 1/2 cup of walnut pieces right before you fold in your blueberries. In Italy, there is a popular blueberry cake with walnuts that is just delicious.
What to Serve with Gluten-Free Blueberry Cake
This gluten-free cake is perfect on its own with its fresh blueberry flavor and tender crumb. I myself often indulge and have it for both breakfast and dessert. But sometimes you want to add a little something extra like the perfect hot drink or dessert topper. Here are some ideas that pair well with this yummy gluten-free cake.
- Starbucks Copycat Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- How To Make Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Dairy-Free Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Dolce Latte Recipe
- Sugar-Free Keto Whipped Cream Recipe
More Easy Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes
If you loved this gluten-free almond flour blueberry cake recipe you should check out some of my other delicious baked goods! I have a big selection of yummy sweet treat recipes! Some are even made in the air fryer or Instant Pot! These are just a few of my favorites.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake In The Instant Pot (use gluten-free walnut crust or gluten-free almond flour crust)
- Gluten-Free Keto Baked Cinnamon Donuts
- Baking Apples In Air Fryer
- Blueberry Muffins Keto Recipe
- Apple Crisp Instant Pot Recipe
Almond Flour Blueberry Cake Recipe (Gluten-Free)
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Cake pan
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Then spray a 9" nonstick round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. You can also grease the pan with butter or line it with parchment paper if you prefer.
- Crack 4 eggs into a large bowl and add the maple syrup. Then whisk together.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder to the egg mixture. Then mix it together with a spoon until fully combined.
- Add the blueberries and fold them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan making sure to spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake at 400°F for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown in color.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting.