This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Italian sausage and bell peppers are a staple dish in my household. This recipe for air fryer sausage and peppers will give you the delicious taste of Italian cuisine without taking up too much of your time. It takes just 25 minutes to make!
Italian food is my family’s go-to cuisine for dinner when nights are so crazy hectic. If it’s cheesy, saucy, and has some sort of meat and pasta- they love it!
Now, in the past, I have cooked up some Italian sausage in the air fryer, and I have also cooked up some air-fried peppers and onions as well… so, I thought, why not save even more time and cook sausage and peppers together!
These sausages and peppers are so delicious and amazing. You can even make some air fryer Italian meatballs to go along with your sausage and peppers.
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can boil the Italian sausage in a pot, and they roast them in the oven to give them a bit of color. You can also cook the sausage links in an Instant Pot or bake them in the oven!
How To Make Italian Sausage and Bell Peppers In The Air Fryer
Getting this sausage and peppers recipe on the table fast can be a life-saver for any tired or busy home cook. It only takes 25 minutes to prepare, and it’s so tasty!
To make this recipe, start by peeling the onion and cutting it into slices.
Remove the core from the bell peppers and cut them into slices.
Mix the pepper and onion slices together and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
After you have everything prepped, spray the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
Add the pepper and onion slices into the air fryer basket.
Add the Italian sausages on top of the peppers and onions.
Set the air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes and then turn the sausages over.
Cook for another 10 minutes until the links are golden brown and cooked through.
Serve and enjoy!
- To save time, you can always buy prechopped onions and peppers at the grocery store.
- You can use any color bell peppers you like, but I mainly like to go for red, orange, and yellow.
- Get creative with the seasoning! You can add a few dashes of Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to the veggies to enhance the flavor.
What To Serve With Italian Sausages and Peppers
There are so many ways to enjoy this recipe! A classic way to enjoy these Italian sausages and peppers is stuffed in a hoagie roll and topped with some hot cherry peppers or pepperoncini. SO GOOD!
You can also whip up a cheesy pasta dish with some penne pasta, a jar of your favorite marinara sauce, and shredded cheese. Toss in the air fried sausage and peppers, and you have a deliciously easy dinner!
Are you looking for something a bit more low-carb? You can serve these sausages and peppers with a side salad or on top of some cauliflower rice with some sugar-free tomato sauce.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe, you should try these other air fryer recipes. They are all so fast and easy, perfect for a quick dinner!
These are some of my go-to air fryer recipes that I make all of the time:
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
- BBQ Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Tenders
- Boneless Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Salmon Fillets Recipe
Air Fryer Sausage And Peppers
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 onion
- 2 bell peppers
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Peel the onion and cut into slices.
- Core the bell peppers and cut into slices.
- Mix pepper and onion slices together and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spray the inside of the air fryer basket with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Put pepper and onion slices in the air fryer basket. Add sausages on top of the peppers and onions.
- Air fry at 400F for 20 minutes, turning the sausages over halfway through the cooking time.
- Air Fryer Peppers And Onions
- Air Fryer Italian Roasted Peppers
- Healthy Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage