This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Cooking frozen falafel balls is so easy in the air fryer! They will be perfectly cooked and nicely browned on the outside when air fried. Imagine biting into these mouthwatering crispy air fried falafel – so delicious!
Air Fryer Frozen Falafel
Do you love falafel as much as I do but don’t want to deep fry them? Now you can just use your air fryer to quickly cook frozen falafel balls for lunch or dinner!
This recipe works great with Trader Joe’s frozen falafel balls or any other brand of falafel! The air fryer is perfect for cooking falafel!
These are so yummy and can even be made as a quick snack for some hungry kids after school.
Drizzle on some tahini or hummus for that extra flavor and they are irresistible!
Do you know the background of this delicious food?
Falafel is a ball or fritter typically made from ground chickpeas or broad beans. Falafel are traditionally from the middle east and very popular in Israel! Sold at street carts and restaurants, they are usually served in a pita with some salads, pickled vegetables, hot sauce and drizzled with tahini for an on the go bite! Alternatively, they can be eaten alone as a snack or served as part of a meze platter.
How to Prepare Frozen Falafel in the Air Fryer
This recipe is so easy and takes only 10 minutes to make! You can have lunch or dinner ready in a hurry!
First I suggest spraying the air fryer basket with some non-stick cooking spray or lightly brushing it with vegetable oil to prevent the balls from sticking.
Open the package of frozen falafel and pour into the air fryer basket into a single layer.
If you have a larger bag and they don’t all fit comfortably, you can do a second batch so they cook evenly.
Then return the basket to the air fryer and set the temperature to 375F for 10 minutes.
When the air fryer is done, you can remove the falafel to a serving plate.
- No need to defrost before cooking – cook right out of the freezer!
- If serving to children, cut open balls first to let cool slightly.
- Use a sauce like tahini or hummus to add moisture and more flavor to the falafel!
What to Serve with Air Fried Falafel
Air fried falafel are a great snack or you can make it into a more filling meal if you serve with some Israeli salad and pita! Check out these recipes below for some suggestions for what to pair with these falafel:
- Israeli Salad Recipe With Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Onions and Parsley
- Homemade Pita Bread Recipe
- Easy Homemade Hummus Recipe
- Sesame-Free Hummus Recipe Without Tahini
More Air Fryer Recipes
Wasn’t this frozen falafel in the air fryer recipe easy? If you liked this air fryer recipe, be sure to try out some of my others! Check out these recommendations below for some of my favorites:
- Trader Joe’s Frozen Potato Latkes In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Yellow Summer Squash
- Air Fryer Frozen Pierogies
- Air Fryer Breaded Chicken Cutlets Recipe
- Frozen Samosas In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Falafel
- 1 Package Frozen Falafel Balls
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking oil or brush with oil.
- Pour in the frozen falafel and spread into single layer.
- Set temperature to 375F and cook for 10 minutes.
- When done, transfer to plate for serving. Enjoy!