This chicken and rice stir fry recipe with frozen vegetables is a perfect way to get dinner on the table quick! It allows you to use up leftover chicken and leftover rice. If you don’t have leftover chicken, you can use canned chicken or quickly cook the individually frozen chicken breasts. The rice cooker is an excellent tool for cooking rice without any effort, and a bag of frozen vegetables will make a great addition to this chicken and rice stir fry – I always have a bag of Costco frozen vegetables in my freezer just for making those easy stir fry dishes :)
To make this yummy chicken and rice, all you need to do is stir fry the cooked rice, cooked chopped chicken, thawed frozen vegetables and egg, and season it with soy sauce. This super easy dinner is so yummy, and makes a great standby recipe for those busy nights!
Chicken And Rice Stir Fry With Frozen Vegetables
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of cooked chopped chicken
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of frozen vegetables, thawed in a microwave
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
Instructions How To Make Chicken And Rice Stir Fry
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Put cooked chicken and thawed vegetables in a frying pan and mix. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, drizzle with soy sauce and sprinkle with pepper. Mix everything until combined.
- Push the rice mixture to the sides of the pan to make room for the egg in the middle.
- Crack the egg into the middle of the frying pan. Quickly mix everything so the rice is coated with egg.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Try the chicken stir fry to see if it has enough salt. If more salt is needed, add more soy sauce to taste.
See how those plain ingredients such as chicken, rice and frozen vegetables can be creatively made into a yummy stir fry dish! Also, check out my chicken broccoli fried rice recipe, shrimp recipe with frozen vegetables and fried rice with deli turkey slices.