This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Caribbean jerk chicken is a spicy chicken recipe originating from Jamaica. Chicken is marinated with spices, lime juice, sugar and Jalapeno pepper and then stir-fried. Delicious!
If you ever had so-called “spicy” chicken that was seasoned on the outside and bland on the inside, this recipe is the opposite of that. Since the chicken is marinated, the flavor really permeates the chicken all the way through. This Caribbean jerk chicken is bursting with flavor with every bite!
For this recipe, I use bottled Caribbean Jerk seasoning that is widely available in the spice section of most supermarkets. Sometimes it’s labeled as “Jamaican Jerk seasoning” or simply “Jerk seasoning”.
Caribbean Jerk Chicken Stir Fry With Vegetables
- 2 lbs chicken breast or thighs, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp Caribbean Jerk seasoning
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds discarded)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Instructions How To Make Jerk Chicken
- Mix the Caribbean Jerk seasoning with sugar, minced Jalapeno and lime juice.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the seasoning mixture all over. (Wear rubber gloves so your hands don’t get irritated by Jalapeno and spices)
- Put the chicken in a plastic zipper bag and refrigerate overnight, so it marinates well (as an alternative, you can marinate the chicken for 30 minutes on the counter).
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions, zucchini and bell peppers and cook, stirring periodically, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper and mix. Remove the vegetables from the frying pan.
- Heat another 1/2 tbsp of oil in that frying pan. Add the marinated chicken and cook, stirring periodically, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (no longer pink in the middle).
- Add cooked vegetables to the chicken and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove the jerk chicken stir fry from heat and serve. Great over rice!
Enjoy this delicious Caribbean Jerk chicken! For more tropical flavors, check out Hawaiian pizza recipe!