I always keep a bag of frozen shrimp and a package of Costco frozen stir-fry vegetables in my freezer. If it’s been a while since you went grocery shopping and it looks like there is nothing to eat in the house, this shrimp and frozen vegetables will save you :)
Shrimp and vegetable stir-fry recipe is very easy to make and very tasty. You just defrost the shrimp and frozen vegetables and stir-fry them with a little oil, then add garlic and soy sauce for extra flavor. If you don’t have garlic and soy sauce, don’t worry – just use salt and your favorite spices.
This easy shrimp stir-fry recipe is a great recipe to know, so you can make an instant dinner without an extra trip to the store!
- 1 package (1 lb) tail-off frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 package (1 lb) frozen vegetables (stir-fry mix)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Thaw the shrimp quickly under cold running water (for detailed instructions, see my page on how to defrost shrimp fast).
- Thaw the frozen vegetables in a microwave - put in a microwave-safe bowl and cook on High for 3 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and vegetables and cook, stirring periodically, for 2 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, pepper and soy sauce and mix. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Taste the shrimp stir fry to see if it's salty enough. If more salt is needed, add more soy sauce to taste.
Enjoy this yummy shrimp stir fry! It’s great served over white rice or quinoa – see how to cook rice in a rice cooker and how to cook quinoa in a rice cooker.