This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This yummy shrimp recipe is very quick and easy to make, and it has lots of healthy ingredients – shrimp, chopped bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and bean sprouts. Everything is cooked in a large frying pan and seasoned with chili powder to give this shrimp dish some extra kick.
Shrimp Recipe With Tomatoes, Bell Peppers and Bean Sprouts
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, tail-off
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small package of bean sprouts
- 1 can (15 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Defrost the shrimp.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and mix. Cook, stirring, occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and chopped tomatoes with their juice. Sprinkle with chili powder and mix until everything is combined.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and mix. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
Serve this easy shrimp recipe over rice, quinoa or couscous.
Here’s the picture of this shrimp dish served over organic quinoa.