This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This chili lime chicken stir fry is quick, easy and super flavorful! Chicken pieces are marinated in fresh lime juice and homemade spice mix and stir-fried to perfection!
This chili-lime chicken dish is super simple and tastes amazing! Who says dinner has to be complicated? Just take some chicken pieces, squirt with fresh lemon juice, liberally sprinkle with spices and quickly stir-fry for a delicious dinner in minutes!
Since this chili-lime chicken is prepared in small pieces, there are many different ways to enjoy it. You can serve it over rice or quinoa (try cilantro-lime rice – it’s epic!), add it to salads, put on tortillas as part of tacos or fajitas or divide between meal prep containers along with another side for your weekly meal prep. The possibilities are endless! If you like this type of versatile chicken dish, also check out my salsa chicken recipe – you’ll love it!
This chili lime chicken is really healthy. Lean chicken breast, fresh lime and spices – this stuff is yummy and good for you too! Feel free to omit vegetable oil or use any other type of oil or coconut butter – oil is totally optional. You can also use chicken thighs instead of breast if you’d like – just cook it a bit longer until completely cooked through.
If you like this easy chili lime chicken stir-fry, you will also love these easy recipes:
Cilantro-Lime Rice – this rice is perfect for serving with this chili-lime chicken!
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry – same concept, different spice mix! This stir-fry recipe also includes onions and peppers :)
Chili Lime Red Snapper – chili and lime combo is also great on fish! In fact, you can use this spice mix and lime juice on any type of meat and seafood!
Watermelon Lime Popsicles – fresh watermelon with freshly squeeze lime juice make amazing homemade frozen treat!
Sweet & Spicy Baked Chicken – these easy baked chicken breasts are coated in sticky finger-lickin’ sweet and spicy sauce!
Best Ever Instant Pot Chili – if you own an Instant Pot, this is the easiest “dump dinner” recipe ever! This chili is epic!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- In a cup, combine lime juice, 1 tbsp vegetable oil, chili powder, ground ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and pour the lime juice mixture over the chicken. Toss until all the chicken pieces are evenly coated with spices.
- Let the chicken marinate for 20 minutes on the counter (or 2 hours in a refrigerator). You can skip this step if you don't have time, but marinating results in deeper chili-lime flavor.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil on a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until no longer pink in center.
You can also make it with chicken thighs, just cook them longer than chicken breasts (for about 10 minutes) until cooked through.