This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
You can get a bowl of this delicious chicken noodle soup on the table in 15 minutes flat! Loaded with big chicken pieces and soft wide noodles, this amazing soup is a complete MEAL!
Have you ever eaten a chicken noodle soup with hardly any chicken? ;) My chicken noodle soup recipe is LOADED with chicken and will not let you down! If I go through the trouble of making a soup, I want it to feed my family – no skimping on chicken allowed! This 15-minute chicken noodle soup is so stick-to-your-ribs satisfying, it will certainly feed you well! All this chicken and noodles floating in a bowl of steaming hot chicken stock – mouthwatering!
So how do I get it done in just 15 minutes? The secrets are store-bought Rotisserie chicken and packaged chicken stock! No need to cook your own chicken from scratch when the supermarket can do it for you, as the price of the yummy Rotisserie chicken is about the same as the raw chicken :) You can snag the whole beautifully browned Rotisserie chicken for $5 in Costco!
This chicken soup recipe is great for your budget – it makes 8 main-dish servings with very common and inexpensive ingredients – chicken, noodles, onion, celery and chicken stock. To save even more money, you can make your own chicken stock from chicken bones – just put the chicken bones and scraps in a crockpot, fill crockpot with water and cook on low for 8 hours. Stay tuned for a detailed recipe for easy crockpot chicken stock!
Here’s the game plan to get this easy chicken noodle soup on the table in 15 minutes:
- Put the chicken stock, onion and celery in the pot and bring to boil over High heat
- While the chicken stock is heating up to boiling, chop the chicken
- Add chicken and noodles to pot and boil until noodles are cooked
Egg noodles cook really quickly in 5-8 minutes. You need half of the 15-minute time frame to bring chicken stock to boil, and the other half to cook the noodles in it. Cooking the noodles in the chicken stock alongside chicken pieces makes the noodles soak up every bit of chicken flavor – mouthwatering!
- 3 packages (32 oz each) chicken stock
- 1 package (16 oz) egg noodles
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 celery stalks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the chicken stock in a pot. Add the onion and celery to the chicken stock. Bring to boil over High heat.
- While the stock is being brought to boil, separate the meat from Rotisserie chicken, discard skin and bones, and chop the chicken meat into ½-inch pieces.
- Add chicken and noodles to the boiling stock. Cook for 8 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Remove the onion and celery with the slotted spoon and discard.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Laddle the chicken noodle soup into bowls and serve.