This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This stir fried chicken recipe is easy, healthy and filling. Chicken pieces are stir fried with asparagus, mushrooms and onions, and seasoned with garlic and soy sauce. Lean chicken combined with nutritious vegetables make this a perfect healthy main dish!
You can also make a freezer meal out of this recipe by combining all of these chopped ingredients (uncooked), including a marinade, in a freezer bag and freezing it. When ready to make it, just defrost it overnight in a refrigerator (or quickly in a microwave), put on a frying pan and cook!
This chicken stir fry is delicious served over white or brown rice. Enjoy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into small pieces (discard tough ends before slicing)
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove the cooked chicken into a large bowl.
- Add another 1 tsp of oil into the frying pan and add onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the frying pan and put in a bowl with the chicken.
- Heat another 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan and add the asparagus. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until tender, yet still crispy.
- Add the chicken, mushrooms and onions back to the frying pan to the asparagus and mix. Add minced garlic, pepper and soy sauce and keep stirring, until everything is hot again.
- Taste to see if the stir fry is salty enough. If more salt is needed, add more soy sauce until it tastes perfect.
- Remove the chicken stir fry for heat and serve.
For more easy chicken recipes, please see easy chicken and rice recipe, orange chicken copycat recipe and oven BBQ chicken recipe.