This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This cauliflower rice stir fry is loaded full of fresh vegetables as is a delicious low carb easy weeknight meal. Made with shredded chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and cauliflower, this healthy one pan meal is ready to serve in just 20 minutes.
Weeknight dinners don’t get much easier, or delicious, than this simple cauliflower rice stir fry. Full of fresh ingredients, it’s a great hearty meal that is low carb and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Rich in protein and made with no added sugar, this flavourful dish contains so much goodness in the form of fresh vegetables and it takes just minutes to make. It’s also great for meal prep!
Ingredients To Make Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
You just need a few simple ingredients to make this dish – it’s great if you have some leftover chicken!
- Cooked chicken
- Cauliflower rice
- Chili powder
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
How To Make Chicken, Zucchini and Mushroom Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
It’s so easy to make this dish! It comes together in one frying pan and the prep is so minimal, you just need to chop the veggies!
Cook the mushrooms in the oil before adding in the zucchini. Stir occasionally with a spatula. add in the rest of the ingredients and cook until the cauliflower is tender. Then it’s ready to serve!
Cooking a delicious and healthy meal from scratch is so easy with this recipe!
What Do You Serve With This Stir Fry?
This dish is a main meal by itself, but if you like you could serve it up with a delicious veggie side. Try it with:
- Air Fried Green Beans – Simply roasted with some olive oil, salt, and pepper, these air fryer green beans are incredibly easy to make for a healthy snack.
- Oven Roasted Veggies – Feast your eyes and your stomach on these amazing rainbow roasted vegetables! So colorful, easy to make, healthy and delicious!
- Honey Roasted Baby Carrots – To make these incredible air fryer roasted baby carrots, all you need are some baby carrots, olive oil, cinnamon, and honey. It’s that simple!
- Instant Pot Spinach – If you are looking for a healthy side dish that you can cook in less than 5 minutes, you should consider making this Instant Pot frozen spinach!
What’s the best chicken to use for this stir fry?
This dish is perfect if you have some leftover chicken that you need to use up. You can also use a rotisserie chicken. You can also cook up some Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot or in the oven and then shred them. This is a very quick cooking dish, so be sure to only used cooked chicken.
Can you make this stir fry ahead of time?
This cauliflower rice stir fry is great for meal prep. Make the recipe and then let it cool completely to room temperature before storing in the fridge in a sealable container (click here for containers I recommend). It will keep well in the fridge for 2 to 3 days and can either be reheated on the stovetop or it’s even delicious cold and eaten like a salad!
Can you use frozen cauliflower rice in this recipe?
I often buy riced cauliflower from the store for convenience, and you can absolutely use that in this recipe. You just need to thaw it first, which really doesn’t take long. Alternatively, you can make your own cauliflower rice. When I make my own I often freeze what I don’t need to use in recipes like this.
What vegetables can you use in chicken stir fry?
I used mushrooms and zucchini in this recipe, but you can easily substitute these for whatever you have in your fridge. This is such a great recipe to make the most of produce you need to use up! Try adding in bell peppers, onions, broccoli or carrots, feel free to make it your own!
Is this stir fry spicy?
I used a little chili powder in this dish. It’s not overly hot, but gives a pleasing buzz! If you are particularly sensitive to heat then you can omit this. Likewise, if you like things on the spicy side, feel free to add a little more!
More Easy Cauliflower Recipes
- Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers With Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad
- Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower
- Oven Roasted Parm Cauliflower
Chicken Zucchini Mushrooms Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (leftover or Rotisserie chicken would work great)
- 8 oz mushrooms chopped
- 2 zucchini chopped
- 8 oz riced cauliflower thawed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add riced cauliflower, chicken, garlic and chili powder and stir until combined. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until cauliflower rice is desired tenderness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spicy Shrimp and Broccoli Spicy Stir-Fry
- Jerk Chicken Stir Fry With Vegetables
- Chicken, Broccoli And Rice Stir-Fry