This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This simple healthy sauteed bell peppers recipe is so easy! It’s absolutely delicious and the peppers come out perfectly browned and tender, but still crisp every time! They are the perfect low-carb addition to boost the flavor of any meal!
Sauteed Bell Peppers Recipe
Bell peppers are full of so much flavor and like fried onions transform almost any dish. They are a perfect way to easily elevate your favorite meal. And they are so easy to make in just a matter of minutes.
All you have to do is add a bit of oil and some sliced bell peppers to a frying pan and cook for about 10 minutes! You can use any color of bell peppers you like and season them however you prefer. This recipe is really versatile, which means you can season the peppers to go with any type of cuisine from Italian with some added basil to Mexican with some added cumin.
I like to add these sauteed bell peppers to burritos, sandwiches, eggs, or even a steak dinner! They pair really well with almost any meat or pasta dish.
How to Make This Sauteed Bell Peppers Recipe
This recipe is super quick and easy! And this is all you will need:
- Bell Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
First, wash your bell pepper and then cut it into slices. You can use any color of bell peppers you like.
Now, add a little bit of olive oil to a frying pan. The recipe doesn’t need much oil and nonstick pans often require that you use less oil. But you can use as little or as much oil as you’d like. Then add the bell peppers to the frying pan.
Next, season the peppers by sprinkling them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I used very basic seasonings in this recipe. However, you can use any seasonings or herbs you want. It’s totally up to you and your taste. Then toss the bell peppers around in the pan to coat with all the seasonings.
To cook, turn the heat on to high and wait a few minutes for the oil to start sizzling. Then toss the bell peppers around again and reduce the heat to medium-high. Now, cook the bell peppers for 8 to 10 minutes stirring every minute. Make sure to toss them around often to prevent them from browning too much on one side. If they begin to brown too much you can also reduce the heat to medium-low.
The peppers are finished cooking when they reach your desired doneness. I like mine to be tender, but still crisp. Yet, if you like yours a tad softer you’ll need to cook them for a few more minutes.
Once the peppers are done to your liking, remove the pan from the heat and serve!
How to Store
Leftover sauteed bell peppers will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months when stored in an airtight container. Leftovers are a great addition when added to other meals like tacos, rice, or pasta dishes. To reheat, just put them in the microwave for about a minute or in a frying pan.
What to Serve with this Sauteed Bell Peppers Recipe
Sauteed bell peppers are a fantastic addition to almost any protein, pasta, or sandwich! They are a simple way to add an extra layer of flavor. Here are a few ideas!
- Tacos Baked In The Oven
- Air Fryer Filet Mignon Steak
- Lentils And Brown Rice In the Instant Pot
- Beef Mexican Enchiladas
- Cheesy Taco Pasta- One Pot
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
Sides complete all meals and are a great way to include more veggies into your diet! So if you loved this sauteed bell peppers recipe you should check out some of my other easy recipes!
- Breaded Zucchini In the Air Fryer
- Yellow Summer Squash In The Air Fryer
- Frozen Okra In The Instant Pot
- How To Saute Broccoli
- Steamed Spinach In The Instant Pot
Sauteed Bell Peppers Recipe
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Frying pan
- Add a little bit of oil to a frying pan. Then add the bell peppers to the pan. You can use as little or as much oil as you'd like.
- Sprinkle the bell peppers with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to season.
- Turn the heat on to high, toss the bell peppers in the seasonings to coat, and then wait until the oil starts sizzling.
- Once the oil is sizzling, mix the bell peppers around. Then reduce the heat to medium-high and cook for 8 to 10 minutes stirring every minute until your desired doneness.
- When done, transfer to your serving dish and enjoy.
- How To Make Sweet Potato Chips In The Air Fryer
- Air Fried Frozen Brussels Sprouts
- Frozen Mac And Cheese Bites In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Soft Pretzels
- How To Pan Fry Kale
- How To Bake Spaghetti Whole Squash