This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These crispy breaded zucchini slices cooked in the air fryer are so yummy and delicious! You can serve them as an appetizer or side dish. And this recipe is so quick and easy to make that air fryer breaded zucchini is sure to become your new favorite recipe to wow your friends and family!
Air Fryer Breaded Zucchini
Made from scratch, these homemade air fried breaded zucchini slices are addictively good with just the right amount of seasonings! They are almost like chips with a crunchy texture that will have you craving for more. Not to mention, zucchini chips are not greasy and good for you too!
And this simple air fryer breaded zucchini recipe only takes a few minutes to make. All you have to do is dip sliced zucchini in egg, then coat with breadcrumbs, and pop into your air fryer to cook! In no time the air fryer will present you with perfectly cooked golden brown crispy zucchini slices.
How to Make Air Fryer Breaded Zucchini Chips
This recipe is very easy and only requires just a handful of simple to find ingredients.
This is what you will need:
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Garlic Powder
To begin the recipe, cut off the ends of the zucchini and slice it into rounds. They slices should look like zucchini chips. Then lay the sliced zucchini on a flat surface like a cutting board and sprinkle it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Next, crack an egg into a medium size bowl and whisk. Then pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate. Now, dip about 5 of the zucchini slices into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs to fully coat both sides. Then add the breaded zucchini slices to the air fryer basket and repeat this process until all the zucchini slices have been breaded.
Once all the slices are coated, put the basket into the air fryer and cook the zucchini at 400 degrees fahrenheit for 15 minutes turning it over with a spatula after about 8 minutes into cooking. Then put the basket back into the air fryer to finish cooking the zucchini. Flipping the zucchini helps it to crisp up and cook evenly.
When done, transfer the beautifully cooked golden brown zucchini chips from the air fryer to your serving plate of choice and enjoy!
How to Reheat Air Fried Breaded Zucchini
Breaded zucchini cooked in the air fryer will keep in the fridge for about one week when stored in a container. To reheat, lay the chips flat on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 350 degrees fahrenheit for about 10 minutes for the best results. You can also just put the zucchini chips in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power.
Air Fryer Breaded Zucchini Variations
This simple recipe is perfect as is, but it is also very easy to add other herbs and spices to customize the seasonings. For example, a cajun seasoning spice mix, oregano, thyme, paprika, or even everything bagel seasoning could be amazing! Using Italian style breadcrumbs alone will add lots of herby flavor. You can be as creative as you like! Just mix the herbs and spices into your breadcrumbs before coating the zucchini.
What to Serve with Air Fried Breaded Zucchini
These breaded zucchini chips make a great appetizer for a party, simple snack, or side to a meal! They are so darn yummy and go really well with a variety of dishes. Here are some ideas on what to pair with air fryer breaded zucchini chips.
- Easy Chicken Ceasar Salad Wraps
- Breaded Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- No Mayo Tuna Avocado Salad Wrap
- Pan Fried Catfish Nuggets
- Italian Sausage with Peppers and Onions Baked in the Oven
More Air Fryer Recipes
Are you interested in more amazing quick and easy air fryer recipes? Well you are in luck! Here are a few of my latest air fryer recipes to check out.
- Frozen Cauliflower Tots in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
- Frozen Bagel Dogs in the Air Fryer
- How to Make Popcorn in the Air Fryer
- Frozen Tamales in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Breaded Zucchini
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the ends. Then cut into slices and lay on a flat surface like a cutting board.
- Sprinkle the zucchini slices with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Crack an egg into a medium size bowl and whisk with a fork. Then pour breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Dip about 5 of the zucchini slices at a time into the egg and then place in the breadcrumbs on the plate to fully coat both sides. Once coated, add the slices to the air fryer basket. Repeat this process until all the zucchini slices have been coated with breadcrumbs and put into the air fryer basket.
- Put the basket with the breaded zucchini slices into the air fryer and cook at 400°F for 15 minutes flipping the zucchini over with a spatula halfway through to ensure even cooking. When you flip the zucchini be as careful as you can to not remove any of the breading. Then put the basket back into the air fryer to finish cooking.
- When done, transfer the breaded zucchini from the air fryer to your serving plate and enjoy!
Here are some more delicious easy recipes you might like to try:
- Sweet Potato Salad with Pomegranate and Feta
- How To Saute Broccoli
- Cinnamon Apple Slices in the Microwave
- How To Make Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Mushrooms Stir Fry Air Fryer Recipe
- Zucchini Noodles In Air Fryer