This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Easy to make, these homemade healthy zucchini pancakes are so tender and delicious! They are golden brown and crispy on the outside and loaded with fresh zucchini on the inside. Zucchini pancakes can be eaten for breakfast, as a side dish, or even an appetizer!
Healthy Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
You are going to fall in love with this simple and savory zucchini pancakes recipe! They cook up so yummy and perfectly browned in just a matter of minutes. All you have to do is combine grated zucchini with a few simple ingredients, cook them in a frying pan, and serve!
And zucchini pancakes are good for you too! Full of so much fresh zucchini and very little filler they are the perfect yummy way to sneak some veggies into your diet! The pancakes are healthy addition to any meal.
How to Make Zucchini Pancakes
This recipe is super easy to make with no fancy ingredients required. You can find everything you need in any grocery store.
You will need:
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
To begin, chop the ends off of the zucchini and then cut it into large chunks to prepare it for shredding. Then add the zucchini chunks to the food processor and shred using the shredding disc. You can also use a grater and shred your zucchini by hand.
Next, put the shredded zucchini in a colander placed over a large bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes to release some of its moisture. Then using your hands squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the zucchini and transfer it into to a different large bowl. You want to get as much moisture out of the shredded zucchini as possible for the best results.
Now, add the egg, flour, salt, and black pepper to the drained zucchini and mix it together until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. The batter will be a nice consistency that is not too thick or too thin. Perfect for holding a pancake shape.
Then to cook, place a nonstick pan on the stovetop, add some oil for frying, and turn the heat on to high. Next, take the zucchini batter and portion out 6 pancakes onto the pan using a large spoon. After about a minute when the oil starts to sizzle turn down the heat to medium-high and cook the pancakes for 2 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Then flip them over and cook for 2 more minutes.
When fully cooked thorough, transfer your perfectly cooked delicious healthy zucchini pancakes to your plate of choice and enjoy! I like to serve mine topped with a dollop sour cream or greek yogurt.
How to Store Zucchini Pancakes
Leftovers will keep for up to one week when stored in the fridge. You can also store the pancakes in an airtight container or sealed bag in the freezer for months. I often like to make a big batch and freeze half for later.
How to Reheat Pancakes
To reheat zucchini pancakes right out of the fridge, put them on a sheet pan and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 7-10 minutes. You can also put them in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes on medium power. But, when when reheating frozen pancakes, you will will want to use the oven method by laying them on a sheet pan and reheating at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes. The timing will depend upon your oven, so check them halfway through regardless of however you choose to reheat.
What to Serve with Healthy Zucchini Pancakes
These savory delicious pancakes can be served as an appetizer alone when topped with sour cream or part of the main meal when paired with another yummy dish. Here are some favorite recipes to serve alongside zucchini pancakes.
- How To Make Scrambled Eggs with Green Onions
- Beef Brisket In The Instant Pot
- Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Scrambled Eggs with Feta and Spinach
More Amazing Zucchini Recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe for healthy zucchini pancakes? If so, you should check out more of my yummy recipes featuring zucchini. They are sure to put a smile on your face and make your tummy happy.
- Frozen Zucchini Noodles In The Air Fryer
- Zucchini In The Instant Pot
- Healthy Sauteed Zucchini
- Zucchini Chips Baked In The Oven
- Zucchini Boats Stuffed with Ground Meat and Cheese
Healthy Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Frying pan
- Chop the ends off of the zucchini and then cut it into large chunks. Now, shred the zucchini chunks in a food processor using the shredding disc. You can also do this by hand using a grater.
- Put the shredded zucchini in a colander over a large bowl and let it stand for about 10 minutes. Next, use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as you can from the zucchini and then add it to a separate large bowl. The more moisture you can release the better.
- Add the egg, flour, salt, and pepper to the drained zucchini in the bowl. Then mix it together until completely combined.
- Place a large nonstick frying pan on the stove, turn the heat on high, and add oil for frying. Then using a large spoon, portion out the zucchini pancake batter into 6 pancakes onto the frying pan to cook.
- Cook for about 1 minute until you hear the oil start sizzling and then reduce the heat to medium high. Now, cook the pancakes for about 2 more minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Then flip the pancakes over and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- When the pancakes are done, remove them from the frying pan and serve immediately.
- How to Cook Frozen Pierogies In the Instant Pot
- Air Fryer Frozen Kiev Chicken
- Pop Tarts In The Air Fryer
- How To Reheat Frozen Pancakes In The Air Fryer
- Pancakes Recipe With Sweet Potatoes
- Keto Coconut Flour Pancakes