This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Chicken broccoli fried rice recipe is a great way to use up leftover chicken and leftover rice! Using this easy fried rice recipe, boring leftovers are transformed into a new, hot and yummy main dish!
For the chicken, you can use rotisserie chicken or any leftover chicken dish, or you can just quickly cook a chicken breast just for this chicken fried rice recipe (individually frozen chicken breasts are perfect for this). For the rice, I always cook extra rice using a rice cooker – rice leftovers from the day before make even better fried rice than freshly cooked rice! If you don’t have a rice cooker, another great easy way to cook rice is cooking rice in a microwave. For the broccoli, you can use thawed frozen broccoli, leftover oven roasted broccoli or cook fresh broccoli in a microwave.
To make chicken broccoli fried rice, simply fry the onion, then add cooked chicken and broccoli, add the egg, stir-fry and then season with soy sauce. That’s all there is to it to making chicken broccoli fried rice!
Chicken Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup of cooked broccoli
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/8 tsp pepper
Instructions How To Make Fried Rice
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add another 1/2 tbsp of oil to the frying pan. Add cooked chicken, broccoli and rice and mix. Drizzle with soy sauce and sprinkle with pepper and mix.
- Cook, stirring periodically, for 3 minutes, or until everything is hot.
- Crack the egg into the frying pan and mix everything, so the rice is coated with egg. Keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- If the fried rice needs more salt, add more soy sauce to taste.