This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Caprese salad is a classic Italian salad recipe made with tomatoes, basil and mozarella. Sliced tomatoes are topped with fresh basil leaves and fresh mozarella cheese, then drizzled with balsamic vinegarette – delicious!
Caprese salad is extremely quick and easy to make – you can make it from start to finish in under 5 minutes! This salad is great for parties – you can assemble it quickly and lay it out on the plate for all the guests to enjoy.
Caprese salad is bursting with flavor with the freshest ingredients – ripe juicy sweet tomatoes, smooth soft mozarella and pungent fresh basil! Add a sprinkling of salt, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and the taste is out of this world!
Since the tomatoes play such a prominent role is this salad, make sure you use the best tomatoes you can get. If you grow tomatoes in your garden in the summer, Caprese salad is a perfect recipe to use them! In the supermarket, I like to buy tomatoes on the vine or heirloom tomatoes. Even though these tomato varieties cost more, they just taste so much better!
Caprese salad has to be served immediately, so do not make this ahead. Even though it can’t be made ahead, Caprese salad is my staple recipe for family get-togethers because making it is so simple. People love this fresh and tasty salad – and it also goes really well alongside grilled meats!
Caprese Salad Recipe With Tomatoes, Basil And Mozarella
- 4 to matoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 jar 8 oz fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the tomatoes into round slices and put them on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the tomato slices with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Put one basil leaf on top of each tomato slice.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella cheese into slices.
- Put a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of basil.
- Pour oil and vinegar in a cup and whisk with a fork.
- Drizzle the oil and vinegar dressing over the tomatoes.
- Serve Caprese salad immediately.
Enjoy this delicious summer salad! Check out my recipe for grilled chicken kabobs to serve with this salad! Also, for more summer recipes to make with tomatoes and basil, check out homemade basil pesto and homemade tomato sauce – yum!