This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Are you in the mood to eat Mexican food? Try making these air fryer shrimp fajitas for dinner! All you need are three simple ingredients to make this delicious Mexican recipe to share with your family!
Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
I have been craving fajitas so much, I finally caved and tried making some chicken fajitas…this dish really hit the spot. So I figured, the chicken was delicious so why not swap it out with shrimp? And would it taste as good if I cooked this whole dish in the air fryer?
Spoiler alert: these shrimp fajitas were mind-blowingly good! You have to try them. Like, right now!
If you don’t yet own an air fryer, click here for the model I recommend. I use my air fryer several times per week and can’t imagine not having it!
Ingredients To Make Shrimp Fajitas
To make this delicious air fryer recipe, you will need:
- Frozen shrimp
- Bell peppers
How To Make Shrimp Fajitas In The Air Fryer
Start out by slicing the bell peppers and onions in thin, long strips. Make sure to cut them all evenly so they cook at the same rate.
In a large bowl, add the peppers and onions, pour some olive oil over them, and toss all of the veggies together until everything is combined.
Next, add the frozen shrimp and chili powder to the bowl and then toss until everything is seasoned.
Then add all the shrimp and veggies into the air fryer basket.
Cook the shrimp fajitas in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- If you are using cooked frozen shrimp (not raw), first cook the peppers and onions in the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400 degrees and then add shrimp and chili powder. Mix to combine and cook for another 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- If using thawed shrimp (not frozen), first cook the peppers and onions in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then add shrimp and chili powder, mix to combine, and cook for another 5 minutes at 400 degrees.
What To Serve with Shrimp Fajitas
To have the full fajita dinner experience, here are a few of side dishes and accompaniments to serve with the air fried shrimp fajitas:
- Mexican street corn salad
- Fresh pico de gallo salsa
- Easy homemade guacamole
- Homemade Mexican flour tortillas
- Instant Pot cilantro lime rice
If you want to keep your dinner as low carb as possible, you can add the shrimp and veggies to make a delicious and filling fajita salad!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ shrimp fajitas, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other dinner recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer Pita Pizza
- Crispy Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Juicy Chicken Legs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Shrimp
Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
- 1 lb raw peeled and deveined tail-off frozen shrimp
- 2 bell peppers sliced into strips
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put peppers and onions in the air fryer basket, pour olive oil over them and toss until combined. Add frozen shrimp and chili powder, then toss until everything is combined.
- Cook shrimp fajitas in the air fryer at 400F for 15 minutes, shaking halfway through.