This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer are a great way to cut back on beef! It couldn’t be easier to cook turkey burgers in the air fryer, and they come out perfectly cooked and ready to eat! You can also easily turn it into a cheeseburger.
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
I used the Kirkwood brand of All Natural Turkey Burgers, but you can use a different brand if your store doesn’t carry this one!
My air fryer only holds 1 turkey burger at a time, so if you want to cook more, do so in batches.
Your family will love these air fried turkey burgers! Perfect for something lower in calories, fat, and cholesterol than traditional hamburgers, but still juicy and tasty!
Although you have to always be careful of portion size, turkey is healthier than regular hamburgers when it comes to certain nutritional content. When compared side by side, turkey and beef burgers have about the same amount of protein. However, there is a difference when it comes to sodium, calories, and saturated fat.
If you are watching out for your cholesterol, then turkey burgers are the way to go because they contain lower amounts of “bad” fats. They are also less processed and have a lower glycemic index than beef burgers.
For example, a traditional hamburger has about 165 calories while a fat-free turkey burger has 115 calories. When you compare saturated fat, hamburgers have 3.1 grams while turkey burgers have less than 1 gram. As for sodium, hamburgers contain 70 mg of sodium while turkey burgers contain only 50mg of sodium.
Turkey burgers, especially fat-free ones, provide a cleaner source of protein that is a healthy alternative to beef.
This recipe also cooks so fast! It is perfect for a hungry family member or busy worker on the go!
How to Cook Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
This recipe is very simple! All you need is your air fryer, non-stick cooking spray, frozen turkey burger patty, and toppings of your choice!
First lightly spray the interior of the basket with some non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking. Alternatively, you can brush the basket lightly with some vegetable or olive oil.
Next place the turkey burger in the basket. I used one because that is what fit. If you have a bigger air fryer, you can cook more at the same time. Just make sure they do not overlap.
Set the temperature to 375F for 15 minutes.
When it is done, you can eat it as is, but if you want a cheeseburger, add a slice of cheese on top of the burger. Place the basket back in the air fryer for 2 minutes, without setting the temperature or cook time. The residual heat should melt the cheese on its own!
When done, remove and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
- No need to defrost! You can cook this burger right from frozen.
- If serving to children, let cool slightly before serving.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should be at least 165F before serving.
What to Serve with Air Fried Turkey Burgers
These burgers are great on their own, or you can add some cheese and other toppings!
I like mine with cheese, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, and onions.
Here are some more burger topping ideas:
- Gruyere and caramelized onions
- Pickles and mayo
- Guacamole and tomato
- Sriracha mayo and scallions
Yum! I love a good burger!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Did you enjoy this turkey burger air fryer recipe? Try out some of my other go-to easy air fryer recipes!
- Air Fryer Hot Pockets
- Air Fryer Frozen Pizza Bagel Bites
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Enchiladas
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Air Fryer Frozen Potstickers
- Air Fryer Frozen Stuffed Chicken
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burger
- 1 Frozen turkey burger patty
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- First spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, or brush lightly with vegetable oil.
- Place a frozen burger patty in the air fryer. I used one since you don't want to overlap them.
- Set the temperature to 375F for 15 minutes.
- Let cook. When done, check the internal temperature to make sure the burger reached 165F.
- If you want to add cheese, place a slice on top of the patty. Place the basket back in the air fryer but do not turn it on. Let it sit for 2 minutes and the cheese will melt from the residual heat.
- Then add your desired toppings and enjoy!