This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you are watching your weight but still want to enjoy your cake, you must make this fat free carrot cake! This fat free carrot cake recipe makes a very tasty and moist carrot cake – nobody will believe it’s fat free and low in calories!
This yummy fat free carrot cake is the healthiest cake ever – in addition to being low calorie cake, it actually has vitamins from carrots, apple sauce and raisins!
Making fat free carrot cake is really easy – it’s a one-step one-bowl recipe where you just mix all ingredients and bake. Use the food processor fitted with a round shredding disk to shred the carrots – it will take less than a minute to shred all the carrots!
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with sugar.
- Add apple sauce and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients (the apple sauce mixture) and mix until combined.
- Add the carrots and raisins and mix.
- Spray the non-stick round 9-inch baking pan with a cooking spray.
- Pour the carrot cake mixture into the baking pan.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
You can also turn this fat free carrot cake into a sugar-free carrot cake – just use Splenda instead of sugar :)
Here’s the picture of this yummy easy fat free carrot cake right out of the oven:
This recipe was based on my regular best carrot cake recipe – I just slimmed down the regular carrot cake to turn it into a fat free carrot cake, and it stayed super yummy!