Air Fryer Apple Crisp
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
With perfectly cooked cinnamon seasoned apples and a yummy crisp maple oat topping, Air Fryer Apple Crisp is absolutely yummy! It’s a super easy 20-minute recipe that only requires 4 ingredients, which makes it a fantastic quick and easy dessert!
Why You’ll Love This Apple Crisp With Oats
What is there not to love about apple crisp!?! Tender apples with cinnamon covered in a crisp sweet oat topping. At my house we love it and I’ve been making my Instant Pot Apple Crisp on the regular for my family for a few years now. But I thought why not try making it in the air fryer for a change. So I did and it came out amazing!
Is This Air Fryer Apple Crisp Recipe Healthy?
Just like my Instant Pot apple crisp this recipe is naturally sweetened and can easily be made gluten-free. Yet, there is no butter in this air fryer apple crisp, so it’s totally vegan and even healthier! Made with just 4 all-natural ingredients, it’s a pretty wholesome dessert that is low in sugar making it perfect for the kids!
And this recipe is really versatile. I keep it simple. But you can use other spices too like nutmeg, cloves, ginger, and cardamom. It’s also easy to toss in chopped nuts or raisins if you like and serve it for breakfast! Or, turn it into a more indulgent dessert with some caramel topping and vanilla ice cream!
How to Make Apple Crisp In The Air Fryer
How do you say quick and easy?!? You only need 4 ingredients and about 20 minutes to make this amazing air fryer dessert!
- 2 apples
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
To begin, you need to prepare a baking pan that fits inside your air fryer basket by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray so that the apples don’t stick. You can also use butter or oil to grease your pan if you prefer.
You need to cook the apples first without the crumble. So wash the apples and cut them into small cubes. I keep the peel on mine. Yet, it’s totally up to you. Then put them into the prepared pan and sprinkle them with the ground cinnamon.
Next, place the pan in the air fryer basket, put the basket into the air fryer, and cook the apples at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Then halfway through cooking, remove the air fryer basket and flip the apples over with a spatula. Then put the basket back into the air fryer to let them finish cooking. This is step is done so that the apples cook evenly.
Finally, to finish the dessert, put the apple crisp into the air fryer and cook it at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 minutes. Then when it’s done remove the air fryer apple crisp and enjoy warm!
What Are the Best Apples to Use?
Any type of apple will work! But firmer apples such as Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, and Fuji will mainain their shape a little better when being cooked.
How to Store Air Fryer Apple Crisp
Leftover air fried apple crisp will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. To reheat, just put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium power.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Apple Crisp
Apple crisp can be served at breakfast as a snack and of course as a dessert! Just like it is! Yet, if you’d like a few recipe ideas to pair with your yummy apple crisp, these are some of my favorites!
- How To Make Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Latte – Keto
- Best Blueberry Syrup
- Easy Iced Latte Recipe
- Dairy-Free Banana Ice Cream
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Did you know that you can make all kinds of sweet treats in your air fryer!?! Well, you can! So if you enjoyed this air fryer apple crisp, here are some more fantastic air fryer dessert recipes to try!
- Box Yellow Cake In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pillsbury Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bread Pudding In The Air Fryer
- Easy Mardi Gras King Cake In The Air Fryer with Canned Cinnamon Rolls
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donut Holes
Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- 2 Apples
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ cup Quick Oats
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Prepare your baking pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray. You can also use butter or oil to grease your pan if you prefer.
- Wash the apples and peel them if you like. I leave the peel on mine. Now, cut the apples into bite-size cubes. Then put the apples into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of cinnamon on top of the apples.
- Place the pan in the air fryer basket. Then put the basket into the air fryer and cook the apples at 390°F for 12 minutes.
- Then halfway through cooking, remove the air fryer basket and flip the apples over with a spatula so that they cook evenly. Then put the basket back into the air fryer to let them finish cooking.
- In a bowl, combine the quick oats together with the maple syrup. Now, drop the oat mixture on top of the apples by the spoonful.
- Put the apple crisp into the air fryer and cook at 300°F for 4 minutes.
- When done, remove the pan from the air fryer and enjoy!
- Puff Pastry Apple Strudel
- Baked Apples In The Instant Pot
- How To Make Baked Apple Chips
- Healthy Apple Oatmeal Bars
- Best Ever Apple Pie Recipe
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!