Air Fryer Frozen Chimichangas
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Craving some delicious Mexican food but don’t have time to make anything from scratch? Try out these frozen chimichangas in the air fryer!
These are so easy to make and cook in no time at all! All you need is a frozen chimichanga and your air fryer to make these.
This is great for anyone on the go looking for a quick lunch or dinner even! The air fryer will cook the chimichanga perfectly, so the outside will be crispy and the inside will be saucy and hot! So delicious!
Serve on their own or with some sides. I have some recommendations below.
You can use any flavor of chimichanga you prefer. I used chicken and cheese for this recipe.
How To Cook Frozen Chimichangas in the Air Fryer
I cooked one chimichanga but you can cook 2 or more at the same time as long as they fit in a single layer in the air fryer basket. The temperature and cook time will be the same!
First open the package of chimichanga and place in your air fryer.
Then set the temperature to 375F and the cook time to 15 minutes.
That’s it! Now sit back and let the air fryer do the work for you.
When the time is finished, remove the chimichanga carefully with a spatula as it will be very hot.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you like the outside of your chimichangas to be a bit crispy, leave them in for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- If you like spicier food, you could add some hot sauce to them. This will make the chimichangas moist and add a punch of flavor!
- If serving these to children, make sure you cut them up beforehand and let cool slightly.
What To Serve With Chimichangas
These chicken chimichangas are so tasty and hearty if you just want a simple meal. But, if you want to make a more complete meal for you or your family, there are a few sides that would be amazing!
I recommend these delicious options:
Easy Guacamole Recipe – Best Ever Authentic Mexican Restaurant-Style!
All of these side dishes are optional, but would add a great component to your Mexican-themed meal!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you enjoyed this recipe for frozen chimichangas, you should try these other air fryer recipes. They are all so fast and easy – perfect for a quick lunch or dinner!
These are some of my go-to air fryer recipes that I love to make all the time:
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings
- Frozen Chicken Nuggets in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Whole Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Chimichanga
- 1 Frozen Chimichanga, any flavor
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Open the package and place the chimichanga in the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 375F and cook time to 15 minutes.
- When finished cooking, remove and enjoy!
See these recipes too:
- Chicken Burritos In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Enchiladas
- Potato Skins In The Air Fryer
- Breakfast Burrito In The Air Fryer
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!