Did you know that zucchini tastes great pickled? When people think of pickled vegetables, zucchini id definitely not the first thing that comes to mind, but believe me, pickled marinated zucchini is very yummy!
Pickled zucchini is crunchy, garlicky and really addictive! When zucchini is in season and you got a bumper crop of it in your garden, pickling and marinating zucchini is a great way to use it up :)
To make pickled zucchini, first you make a marinade of water, vinegar, salt, sugar and oil. Next, peel and slice the zucchini, then pour the marinade over zucchini slices. Add some garlic, fresh dill and black pepper and leave at room temperature for two days. After that, the pickling process will be complete! You can then move these marinated zucchini pickles to the refrigerator and enjoy eating them – they will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Pickled Marinated Zucchini Slices Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 2 lbs zucchini, peeled and sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- 10 black peppercorns
Instructions How To Make Pickled Zucchini
- You need a 2-liter (half-gallon) glass jar with a lid.
- Pack half of zucchini slices in the jar, putting the dill and garlic cloves and black peppercorns on top of them, and then put in the remaining zucchini slices.
- Make a marinade: in a pot, mix water, salt and sugar. Bring it to a boil.
- Remove the marinade from heat and add vinegar and oil, and mix.
- Carefully pour the hot marinade into the jar with zucchini.
- Leave the jar with zucchini to marinate at room temperature for 2 days, after that move pickled zucchini to the refrigerator.
Enjoy these yummy pickled zucchini slices!