This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Looking to meal prep salads for healthy work lunches? Take a look at this Greek chicken salad recipe! This mason jar salad recipe is super simple to put together and, not to mention, budget-friendly enough to make enough lunches for a whole week. Bonus- you get my homemade Greek salad dressing recipe too!
Healthy Greek Chicken Salad Mason Jars
This Greek salad with chicken really hits the spot!
I usually find myself getting bored with salad lunches but this one specifically is a new favorite. All you need are the ingredients listed below, 32-oz wide-mouth mason jars, and 30 minutes of your time and you’ll have lunch for the whole week.
If you are looking for a keto, low-carb, and gluten-free meal, this salad recipe is perfect for you!
Ingredients Needed To Make Greek Salad
To make this healthy greek salad, these are the ingredients you will need:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Long English cucumber
- Chopped cooked chicken
- Red onion
- Pitted black olives
- Crumbled feta cheese
How To Make Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
For this specific salad recipe, I decided to quickly put together my own salad dressing!
To do this yourself, you will need 3 ingredients:
Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and Italian seasoning in a cup and whisk it with a fork to make a dressing. You can store this dressing in a container in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
It’s also simple enough that you can make it in the moment if you wanted to.
How To Meal Prep Greek Chicken Salad In Mason Jars
Now it’s time to meal prep the mason jars with the greek salad!
To do this, there is a proper way of layering the ingredients to make sure you still maintain the freshness and the crunch of the salad.
You don’t want to just throw it all in there and call it a day!
The first layer is the salad dressing followed by the cherry tomatoes. With the tomatoes touching the dressing, it actually allows the tomatoes to marinate in it a little bit and just give it even more flavor.
After the tomatoes, layer in the sliced cucumber and red onions.
The next layer after the veggies is the chopped chicken! I usually like to just cook up a few pieces of seasoned boneless chicken thighs in the air fryer beforehand and chop it up to add to this Greek salad.
After the chicken, add in the black olives and feta cheese (my favorite!).
Finally, top off the mason jar salad with lettuce and you are all done!
How To Store And Serve Mason Jar Salads
Close the mason jars and refrigerate for up to 5 days. I don’t recommend going past 5 days as the salad might not be as fresh.
Before serving, put the mason jar upside down and give it a good shake so the dressing coats the whole salad. Pour it into a bowl and enjoy!
More Salad Recipes
If you loved this recipe for greek salad mason jars, check out some of my other salad recipes!
These are some other recipes I love to make:
- Chicken Mango Mason Jar Salad
- Chickpea Quinoa Mason Jar Salad
- Soba Noodle Mason Jar Salad
- Shrimp, Egg, and Avocado Salad
- Parmesan Pea Salad With Cherry Tomatoes
Greek Salad With Chicken In Mason Jars Meal Prep
- 2 oz lettuce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 long English cucumber chopped
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 oz pitted black olives
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning in a cup and whisk it with a fork to make a dressing. Pour an equal amount of dressing on the bottom of each mason jar.
- Layer the ingredients in mason jars in the following order: cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, onion slices, chopped chicken, olives, feta cheese crumbles, lettuce.
- Close the mason jars and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Before serving, put the mason jar upside down and shake so the dressing coats the salad.