This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
If you are tired of the usual sandwiches made with the boring cold-cut deli meat, try this lox sandwich! If you think you’ve tried most sandwiches out there, you probably haven’t tried this one. I thought of it myself, and I haven’t seen it anywhere else :)
Lox is a smoked salmon, and it’s healthy, filling and very tasty. Lox is low in calories and low in fat, but it’s certainly not low in flavor! In this yummy sandwich, lox is layered with avocado and onion between two slices of bread. Delicious!
Lox and avocado is a great combination. I have a similar recipe for smoked salmon wraps with avocado that also combines smoked salmon and guac. Salty flavorful lox and buttery smooth avocado are a match made in heaven! It’s even better than lox with cream cheese :)
Lox Sandwich Recipe With Avocado And Onion
- 2 slices of bread
- 3 slices of lox (smoked salmon)
- 1/2 avocado (see how to store half of avocado to preserve the other half)
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- Scoop the avocado out of its skin with a spoon and discard the pit. Put the avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Spread the mashed avocado on a slice of bread.
- Put the lox slices on top of mashed avocado.
- Put the onion slices on top of the lox.
- Cover the lox sandwich with the second slice of bread.
Here’s the picture of this lox sandwich before it was covered with the top slice of bread: