These mouthwatering easy fish tacos have spicy lime-marinated slices of pan-fried fish inside the tortillas, topped with the bright sweet & spicy mango salsa!
When you hear the words “mango salsa”, do your ears perk up? Mango salsa is so yummy, it goes great with any meal imaginable! In this recipe, we are using mango salsa as a topping for fish tacos, and this combo is simply awesome!
These easy fish tacos are so juicy and succulent. The fish has such a deep lime-marinated flavor that goes so well with the taco seasoning. The mango is sweet, tropical and delicious – bursting with bright juicy taste to complement the fish! Eating these fish tacos is pure joy. Once you make this recipe the first time, you’ll want to make it over and over and over again!
Making fish tacos is extremely easy. Basically, fish tacos are just chopped-up cooked fish with toppings, served inside the tortilla or taco shell. For these fish tacos, you can use any kind of fish, they are delicious no matter what type of fish you use. On my photo you can see that I used salmon, but these tacos will taste just as great with white fish, tilapia, perch or trout.
This delicious fish tacos recipe is also flexible on what type of tortillas you use. You can use soft flour tortillas, soft corn tortillas or crunchy taco shells – whatever you prefer. On this photo, I used the soft flour tortillas to hold the taco fillings.
Here’s the step-by-step process of making these easy fish tacos:
1) Marinate the fish in lime juice.
While the fish is marinating, you can make the mango salsa – that will be a very efficient use of time :)
2) Make the mango salsa.
Chop up the mango with onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. If you aren’t familiar with the mango prep, see these easy instructions how to cut a mango.
3) Cook the fish.
Sprinkle the fish pieces with Taco seasoning and pan-fry until cooked through.
4) Assemble the fish tacos.
Add the fish taco ingredients to the tortilla or taco shell – fish goes on the bottom, mango salsa on top of fish.
That’s it! Now dig in! These easy fish tacos with mango salsa taste amazing!
You can also turn these fish tacos into a taco salad by omitting the tortillas, making it into a low-carb, gluten-free and paleo meal :) Or for a different presentation, serve them in homemade tortilla taco bowls – amazing!
- 1 lb fish
- 1 lime
- ½ tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 mangoes
- 1 small onion
- 1 bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
- Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces and put in a bowl. Squeeze the lime over the fish, toss with your hands to coat fish with lime juice and set aside.
- While the fish is marinating in lime juice, make the mango salsa: dice the mango, onion and bell pepper into small pieces and mince the jalapeno pepper. Put mango, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno in a bowl and toss until combined.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the fish and sprinkle it with taco seasoning. Cook the fish, stirring every minute, for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Put 2 tortillas on each plate. Divide the fish equally between tortillas and put in the center of each tortilla. Divide the mango salsa evenly between tortillas and put mango salsa on top of the fish. Fold the tortillas in half and eat the tacos!