This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This almond flour breaded chicken is so quick and easy to make, it’s ready to serve in less than 15 minutes. Cooked on the stovetop, this crispy chicken is gluten-free and low carb friendly.
Breaded chicken makes a great weeknight meal. This almond flour breaded chicken is a keto version of my regular egg and flour breaded chicken recipe. The almond flour breading is so wonderfully golden brown and the chicken is juicy and tender.
Made with just three main ingredients, and a little salt and pepper, this versatile chicken main dish is too easy not to try!
This simple recipe is a game changer if you are gluten-free or are following a low carb or keto diet and can not enjoy a classic breaded chicken breast. The almond flour crisps and browns wonderfully, you won’t be able to tell the difference!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Chicken Breasts
- Almond Flour
- Salt and Pepper
Such simple ingredients but the results are so delicious!
How to Make Almond Flour Breaded Chicken
It really is so easy to make this chicken, it takes minutes to prep and cook.
Pound the chicken breasts if they are thick and then dip each one in egg and then the almond flour. Shallow fry in a hot frying pan with some oil until golden brown on each side.
If you need dinner on the table in a hurry, this is the recipe for you!
What do you serve almond flour chicken with?
This breaded chicken is super versatile and is great to serve with all of your favorite sides. I like to serve it with some sweet potato and veggies for a great well balanced meal. Try it with:
- Radish and Zucchini Salad
- Baked Potatoes (Air Fryer Recipe)
- Easy Oven Roasted Veggies!
- Roasted Baby Carrots With Honey
Can you make it ahead of time?
This almond flour chicken is best served as soon as it’s cooked, but if you like, you can coat the chicken in the egg and flour a couple of hours ahead of time and keep it covered in the fridge until you are ready to cook it. If you do chill it, be sure to let it come to room temperature before adding it to the hot pan.
Low Carb, Gluten-Free Breaded Chicken
Breaded chicken is usually coated with all-purpose flour or breadcrumbs, but you can get the same golden brown crust without the gluten or carbs.
Almond flour has a slight nutty taste to it, with a hint of sweetness and it works so well with the natural flavors of the chicken. It’s such an easy and tasty substitute! You can buy almond flour online or in most superstores.
Is almond meal the same as almond flour?
Yes, almond meal and almond flour are the same things. The only difference is that you can also get un-blanched (skins still on) almond meal. It’s best to use blanched in this recipe – click here to order blanched almond flour. It has a coarse texture and is the perfect substitute for breadcrumbs. It’s really adds a great texture to the finished dish.
How do you know when the chicken is cooked?
This quick cooking chicken dish only takes about 8 minutes in the pan. The outside should be golden and crispy when it is ready to serve. If you have an instant read thermometer, it should register at 165F. Cut the chicken in half and it should be even in color with no pink.
To make sure the chicken cooks evenly, pound thicker breasts, or slice them in half so that they are around 1 inch thick, and let the chicken come to room temperature before adding it to the hot pan.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Adobo (Instant Pot Recipe)
- No Mayo Avocado Chicken Salad
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- Baked Chicken Legs with Chili and Lime
Almond Flour Breaded Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2/3 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- If the chicken breasts are thicker than 1 inch, either pound them to a 1-inch thickness or slice them into 2 thin layers.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl. Put almond flour on a plate.
- Dip the chicken in egg on both sides, then dip in almond flour on both sides, pressing into the flour so it sticks to the chicken.
- Put the chicken on a frying pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with 1/3 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper. Let the chicken cook undisturbed for 4 minutes (or until golden-brown on the bottom), then carefully flip the chicken over with a spatula and sprinkle with remaining 1/3 tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Cook the chicken for 4 more minutes or until cooked through (uniformly white in the middle when cut).