This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
You are going to love this refreshing and healthy Cucumber and Red Onion Salad made with crispy crunchy cucumbers and yummy red onions! It’s a super simple salad tossed in a light olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing that takes just 10 minutes to make!
Cucumber And Red Onion Salad
Cucumber salads are so much more than just a summertime dish! You can serve them alongside anything from a beef stew or sandwich to brunch! They are crispy and refreshing, which makes them a perfect palate cleanser.
Not to mention, cucumber and red onion are perfect together! And when tossed with this simple olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing, it is absolutely delicious. It’s such a simple dish layered in so much flavor as well as incredibly easy to make and keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days! So it’s a great salad for meal prep.
All you have to do is slice up some cucumbers and red onions and then toss them together with a quick vinaigrette! Easy peasy and ready to eat in just 10 minutes!
How To Make Cucumber And Red Onion Salad
You only need a handful of simple ingredients to make this quick and easy cucumber salad recipe.
- English Cucumbers – I like to use long English cucumbers, which are seedless. But you can use any type of cucumbers you like.
- Red Onion – This type of onion is a little milder when raw, which makes them great for salads. But any kind of onion you have on hand will work perfectly.
- Olive Oil – Extra virgin olive oil will add the most flavor.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – A touch of cider vinegar is used to make the dressing. Feel free to use other types of vinegar if you like.
- Seasonings – Salt and black pepper are used to season the salad.
To start, wash the cucumbers and peel them if you like. Then slice them and put them in a large bowl. Now, peel and slice the red onion and put it into the bowl with the cucumbers.
Next, make the dressing by whisking the olive oil together with the apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Then pour the dressing over the cucumbers and onion. Now, sprinkle them with a bit of salt and black pepper.
Finally, toss everything together well and serve the salad immediately or put it in the fridge for up to 4 days!
How To Store
Leftover cucumber and red onion salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days when kept in an airtight container. So you can easily make this salad ahead of time for meal prep.
What To Serve With Cucumber And Red Onion Salad
This tasty and refreshing cucumber salad makes a great side dish to any meal or healthy snack! You can also make a meal out of it by pairing it with other delicious salads.
- Air Fried BBQ Pork Chops
- Artichoke And Tomato Salad
- Homemade Mac And Cheese
- Avocado Chicken Salad
- Instant Pot Chicken Legs
More Easy Salad Recipes
If you loved this cucumber and red onion salad recipe and are trying to add some more veggies to your diet you should check out some of my other quick and easy healthy salad recipes. These are a few of my favorites.
- Carrot Apple Salad With Raisins
- Mason Jar Greek Chicken Salad
- Broccoli And Apple Salad
- Healthy Kale Salad
- Zucchini And Radish Salad
Cucumber And Red Onion Salad
- Wash the cucumbers and peel them if you'd like. Then slice them and put them into a large bowl.
- Peel the red onion and cut it in half. Then slice the onion and put it into the bowl with the cucumbers.
- Whisk the olive oil and apple cider vinegar together in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumbers and onion. Then sprinkle everything with some salt and black pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together until fully combined and serve immediately to enjoy.