This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Weeknight meals don’t get much easier than this delicious sheet pan shrimp and asparagus. Made with just 5 ingredients, it just takes 5 minutes of prep and is ready to serve in 30 minutes. This low carb meal is so simple and oh so tasty!
If you need a fresh and tasty dinner and a hurry, this will be your new go to! So easy, so fresh, so delicious!
The shrimp are perfectly cooked and wonderfully juicy and soft. Cooked alongside fresh asparagus, this is a full meal all on one sheet.
This weeknight sheet pan meal is low in carbs and keto friendly. Thanks to the shrimp it is also high in protein and comes in around 250 calories a serving. With no added sugar or processed ingredients it is paleo and low in fat.
Ingredients you will need for this sheet pan meal
You only need a few simple ingredients for this delicious and easy family meal!
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Yes! That’s all! You have no excuses not to try this!
Equipment you will need to make shrimp and asparagus in the sheet pan
No special gadgets needed here! All you need are these basic kitchen tools:
How to make Sheet Pan Shrimp And Asparagus
You just need 5 minutes to prep this meal and it’s ready to serve in less than half an hour. So easy!
Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put asparagus on one side of the baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss to coat with oil. Put asparagus in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
What do you serve with this sheet pan meal?
- Air Fried Roasted Potatoes
- Easy Cauliflower Rice
- Baked Potatoes (Air Fryer Recipe)
- Pressure Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Do you use fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe?
This recipe can be made with either fresh or frozen shrimp. I use large or jumbo shrimp that come out nice and juicy. Be sure to peel and devein the shrimp before adding it to the sheet pan. I like to remove the tails, but you can keep them on if you like.
If you use frozen shrimp, be sure that they are fully defrosted and pat them dry with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
How to prepare asparagus
When buying asparagus, it should be firm and plump and even in color. The tips should be tightly closed. Rinse them under cold running water and pat them dry.
Hold the woody end of each asparagus stem and bend it until it snaps, discard the woody end. The ends can be pretty tough to eat, so it’s best to remove these.
Can you make shrimp and asparagus ahead of time?
This sheet pan meal is best served as soon as it is cooked so that the shrimp and asparagus are at their freshest. If you have leftovers, they can be stored for up to 3 days in the fridge in an airtight container and can be reheated in the oven.
How do you know when the shrimp is cooked?
Shrimp is a perfect ingredient for a weeknight meal as it cooks so quickly. On a baking sheet, they will take around 10 minutes to cook through. When ready to serve, they will be an even opaque pink color.
Take care not to over cook the shrimp, or they can go from perfectly juicy to tough and chewy.
Sheet Pan Shrimp And Asparagus Recipe Variations
The beauty of this dish is it’s simplicity, it really lets the natural flavors of the shrimp and asparagus shine through. It’s perfect as it is, but it’s also very easy to add other flavors, in the form of spices and herbs if you like. When you toss the shrimp in the bowl, try adding:
- Chili flakes
- Dried oregano
- Dried cilantro
- Everything Bagel Seasoning Recipe
- Cajun seasoning
- Taco seasoning
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas (Keto)
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado and Tomato
- Baked Garlic and Parmesan Shrimp
- Easy Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
Sheet Pan Shrimp And Asparagus
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put asparagus on one side of the baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss to coat with oil. Put asparagus in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put shrimp in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze one half of the lemon over the shrimp. Toss to combine.
- Take the baking sheet with asparagus out of the oven and put shrimp on the other side of the baking sheet. Cut remaining lemon half into slices and arange the slices over the shrimp.
- Put shrimp and asparagus in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese over shrimp and asparagus and serve.