This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
The Instant Pot egg bites are the perfect make ahead breakfast. So quick and easy to make, they are a perfect low carb breakfast or snack that you can grab and go on busy mornings.
If your house is anything like ours in the morning, then these breakfast egg bites are a life saver!
If you have tried Starbuck’s sous vide eggs, then you are going to love these! So quick and easy to make at home in your Instant Pot and you can have breakfasts for the week. If you don’t have the Instant Pot, click here for the model I recommend.
These egg bites are so light and fluffy and they are a great low carb breakfast option. Keto compliant and made with just a few ingredients!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Egg Bites
Four main ingredients and a little salt and pepper and you can make these delicious freezer friendly egg bites!
- Green Onion
- Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
Equipment You Will Need To Make These Egg Bites
How To Make Instant Pot Egg Bites
These egg bites just take 5 minutes to prep and then into the Instant Pot they go. They are such a great hassle-free make ahead breakfast!
First, spray the inside of the egg bites silicone mold with a non-stick cooking spray (so the egg bites don’t get stuck to the mold). Place the green onion (or other topping you are using) into the egg bites mold cups.
Pour over the egg mixture into the mold using a batter bowl with a pouring spout.
Add some shredded cheese then close the egg bites mold with the lid.
Put 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot. Carefully lower the mold on the trivet in the Instant Pot.
Pressure cook the egg bites for 10 minutes and use natural release for another 10 minutes, then quick release the steam. Use the silicone mitts to remove the mold from the Instant Pot, then remove the egg bites from the mold
It’s so quick and easy to make a batch of these when meal prepping on a Sunday!
Egg Bites Recipe Variations
The thing I love about these egg bites is that they are so easy to adapt to your own taste and whatever you have in your fridge that needs using up. Try adding:
- Red bell pepper
- Diced mushrooms
- Cooked bacon (see my Instant Pot Bacon recipe!)
- Baby spinach
- Fresh herbs, like chives or parsley
What do you serve egg bites with?
These egg bites are a perfect grab and go breakfast for busy mornings, and are great just by themselves. If you like, you can enjoy them with some sliced avocado or a slice of toast.
Egg bites aren’t just for breakfast though, they are perfect to pop into lunchboxes or serve with a fresh salad for a fuller meal. I have them for lunch with salads like:
How long do egg bites keep?
I may have said this already, but these egg bites are so perfect for your weekly meal prep! Once they have cooled to room temperature, place them in a sealed container in the fridge and they will keep well for up to a week. They can be eaten cold, but I like to pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds for the best texture.
Can you freeze Instant Pot Egg Bites?
Yes, these sous vide style egg bites are great for freezer meals, so be sure to make a double batch! Let them cool before freezing in a container or freezer bag. You can then cook the frozen bites in the microwave for 1 min 30 to 2 minutes to heat them through. So convenient!
How To Make Egg Bites In The Oven
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, don’t fret, you can also make these egg bites in the oven. If you have the egg mold, you can use that, or use silicone baking cups. Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until the egg is set.
Can you stack the egg molds in the Instant Pot?
Yes! If you want to make a double batch of these breakfast egg bites, you can stack two molds on top of each other. The cooking times remain the same. If you prefer firmer eggs then you can increase the cooking time to 11 minutes.
The Perfect Sous Vide Egg Bites!
If you haven’t made egg bites in the Instant Pot yet, you really need to give these a go! They are so fluffy and soft and they feel like a real treat! These beauties have made my morning routine so much easier!
More Instant Pot Recipes
I have a large collection of easy Instant Pot recipes, click here to browse them all :) Also, check these out:
Instant Pot Egg Bites
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Spray the inside of the egg bites mold with cooking spray.
- Put the chopped green onion in the egg bites mold cups (if using other add-in, such as chopped ham, bacon or other vegetables, add them here).
- In a cup with a pouring spout, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the egg bites mold cups, dividing evenly between the cups.
- Put shredded cheese in the egg bites mold cups.
- Cover the egg bites mold with the cover.
- Put the trivet handles up inside the Instant Pot. Add water to the Instant Pot.
- Carefully lower the covered egg bites mold inside the Instant Pot on a trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and turn the vent to a Sealing position. Press the "Pressure Cook" or "Manual" button and set the time to 10 minutes on High Pressure.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, let the pressure release naturally (NR) for 10 minutes, then quick release the remaining steam.
- Using silicone mitts or kitchen towel, carefully lift the trivet handles and get the egg bites mold out of the Instant Pot.
- Open the lid of the egg bites mold and remove the egg bites from the mold.