Cauliflower Scrambled Eggs
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These cauliflower scrambled eggs are so simple to make and require just 3 main ingredients. This low carb and high protein breakfast comes together in less than 15 minutes and it’s a great way to get some extra veggies into your day.
Classic scrambled eggs just got a makeover in the form of this delicious and easy cauliflower scrambled eggs recipe. Made with three simple ingredients, it’s cheesy and loaded with flavor.
It’s such a great hearty and filling breakfast and it will leave you feeling full til lunch. It’s low carb, high in protein and keto friendly. The added cauliflower adds fiber, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals.
I love scrambled eggs in the morning, so rich and creamy! Be sure to also try my Scrambled Eggs with Spinach and Feta and Spicy Mexican Scrambled Eggs.
Ingredients To Make Cauliflower Scrambled Eggs
You just need 3 main ingredients:
And a little oil and salt and pepper.
How To Make Cauliflower Scrambled Eggs
This is such a delicious breakfast and it is so easy to make in one frying pan!
Cook the cauliflower and onions until tender, then add the eggs and the cheese. Break the eggs with a spatula and cook while stirring until the eggs are set.
The finished result is a wonderfully filling breakfast that is loaded with goodness!
Cauliflower Scrambled Eggs Step By Step Pictures
First cook the cauliflower and onions in the frying pan until tender:
When it’s ready, you can see it’s golden-brown:
Next, add eggs and cheese:
Cook, stirring with a spatula, until the eggs are set:
What do you serve scrambled eggs with?
These cauliflower scrambled eggs are a great breakfast just by themselves, but if you have an appetite, they are great to serve on top of some toast or alongside a side of bacon or sausage. You can also use them to make up a breakfast burrito or taco if you have a little more time on your hands!
Scrambled eggs aren’t just for breakfast! You can also serve them with sides for a main meal. Try them with:
- Easy Keto Zucchini Fries – These air fryer keto zucchini fries are amazing! They have no breading, and instead they are crusted with Parmesan cheese – mouthwatering!
- Sauteed Radish Greens – Quick and easy to make and a great way to make use of radish greens. Super delicious!
- Roasted Snow Peas – These air fryer roasted snow peas are so easy to make in the air fryer and are perfect for an afternoon snack. Not to mention it’s low carb and keto-friendly!
- Keto Cauliflower ‘Potato’ Salad – Looking for a delicious side that satisfies your potato craving without all the carbs? Look no further than this Keto Cauliflower “Potato” Salad.
Can you make these eggs ahead of time?
Scrambled eggs are a great make ahead breakfast, perfect if your mornings are busy! Make the cauliflower scrambled eggs, then let them cool to room temperature before storing in a container in the fridge (click here for my favorite meal prep containers). They will keep well for around 3 to 4 days and you simply need to reheat them on the stovetop before serving.
Can you freeze scrambled eggs?
These scrambled eggs make for great freezer meals! Make up a couple of batches for fuss free breakfasts. Let the eggs cool completely before storing in ziplock bags or freezer safe containers. They will keep well for between 3 and 6 months.
Thaw the frozen eggs in the fridge overnight or quickly in the microwave. You can then reheat them on the stovetop to serve.
Make These Scrambled Eggs Your Own!
It’s really easy to make these eggs just to your taste, and it’s a great way to use up any bits and pieces you have in your fridge. Try adding in some diced bell pepper or onions when you brown the cauliflower. Feel free to mix up the cheese too with feta, goats cheese or other shredded cheese you have in your fridge.
Take Care Not To Over Cook The Eggs
Overcooked eggs can become rubbery in texture, so be sure not to cook them for too long. They will only take around 3 minutes to cook through. Remove the from the heat when they are just set.
Use Fresh Eggs
For the best scrambled eggs, make sure that your eggs are fresh. Place them in a bwol of water and if they sink to the bottom they’re fresh and good to use. If you can, buy free run / organic.
Other Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Leftover Bread Casserole
- Breakfast Bowl with Sweet Potato
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars with Strawberry and Banana
- Easy French Toast Casserole
Cauliflower Scrambled Eggs
- 1 cup cauliflower florets chopped into small pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Heat the oil on a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and cover with a lid. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs and shredded cheese to the cauliflower. Break the eggs up with a spatula and stir to combine. Cook, stirring ever 30 seconds, for 3 minutes, or until the eggs are set. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I made it this morning, I have leftover of roast coliflower from Christmas , was excellent idea!