This Thai chicken salad recipe makes a very tasty lunch or light dinner. Chopped mango, green onions and cilantro give this salad a memorable flavor, and the Thai dressing of soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar makes you want to eat more and more.
This Thai chicken salad is really healthy – not only it is low in calories, but it is also full of nutritious greens – lettuce, carrot, cilantro, green onions and mango. Chicken gives it a lean protein that keeps you full, and the unique ingredient mix make this salad so full of flavor! Thai chicken salad is an excellent main dish salad that you’ll want to make again and again.
- 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 2 mangoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 large package lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 green onions
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel the mangoes and cut the mangoes into small pieces.
- Peel the carrots and shred them in a food processor.
- Chop the cilantro.
- Chop the green onions into small pieces.
- Cut the lime into quarters and squeeze each quarter of a lime into a cup so all the lime juice comes out. Discard the peel.
- Make a dressing: mix lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and olive oil.
- Mix the lettuce, chopped mango, shredded carrots, cilantro, green onions and cut-up chicken.
- Add the dressing to the salad and mix until all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
This Thai chicken salad recipe makes 4 main-dish salad servings. If you are making this salad just for yourself, reserve the remaining dressing and refrigerate the remaining salad (without the dressing). As long as you don’t add the dressing, this salad will keep fresh in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Enjoy this yummy and healthy Thai chicken salad! This recipe is a perfect way to use up leftover chicken (see even more ideas for leftover Rotisserie chicken recipes).