This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Do you normally eat chicken salad on a regular sandwich bread? For a change from the usual chicken salad sandwich, try a chicken salad sub!
To make a chicken salad sub, you need a chicken salad and a long bread roll. For a small chicken salad sub, you can use a hot dog bun. On the picture above, that’s exactly what I have: a chicken salad sub on a hot dog bun, served with sweet potato fries.
For a large sub, buy larger bread rolls. To make a chicken salad sub, split the long bread roll and put the chicken salad inside.
Chicken Salad Sub Recipe
- Long bread roll
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 egg, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayo
Instructions How To Make Chicken Salad Sub
- Make the chicken salad: mix chicken, egg, onion, celery and mayo. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the chicken salad sub: split the bread roll and put the chicken salad inside.
The idea of the chicken salad sub is so simple, but serving the chicken salad this way is pretty unique. Chicken salad subs are surely crowd pleasers!