If you love crunchy tortilla chips but are watching your calories, I have great news for you – you can easily make delicious tortilla chips with zero added fat! The trick is to make the chips oven baked – with the help of the oven, the tortilla chips will be super crunchy without any fat!
To make baked tortilla chips, all you need to do is cut the tortillas into triangles, put them on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven. It’s that simple! Who says chips have to be unhealthy – baked chips are just as crunchy as the fried ones 🙂
I usually make baked tortilla chips with the corn tortillas, but you can use any kind of tortilla – corn, flour or even whole wheat.
Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 8 corn tortillas
Instructions How To Make Baked Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each tortilla into chip-sized triangles with the scissors.
- Put the tortilla pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove baked tortilla chips from the oven and sprinkle with salt to taste. You can also sprinkle them with spices like chili powder or cumin to make spiced tortilla chips.
Cooking time: 15 minutes