This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
Learn how to make air fryer frozen edamame in just under 10 minutes! This is the perfect veggie appetizer to serve when you are trying to elevate your dinner night.
Air Fryer Frozen Edamame Recipe
Edamame is one of my favorite healthy appetizers. When I realized how quick and easy it is to make it myself at home, I was so excited!
All you have to do is just dump the package of frozen edamame into the air fryer and you’ll have perfectly cooked edamame in a few minutes.
This recipe is just enough to serve 4 people. But if you are anything like me, I eat enough edamame for two, so I would maybe make a little extra.
Different Seasonings To Add The Edamame
Now, I normally just seasoning the edamame pods with some sea salt and call it a day. BUT, I recently saw a few different recipes for edamame where people were seasoning them differently and it inspired me to try some of these out…
I loved it!
Here are some of my favorite variations of seasonings I use on my air fried edamame:
- Roasted Garlic – This one is my go-to’s. We chop up the garlic very finely, saute it with some olive oil till it’s golden brown, and toss it with the edamame.
- Sesame Soy – For this one, add a few dashes of soy sauce with a bit of sesame oil for a real Asian flair!
- Spicy Chili Garlic – Add a spoonful of some chili garlic sauce for a pop of heat. If that’s not enough fire, pour in a little sriracha as well.
How To Cook Frozen Edamame In The Air Fryer
This recipe is SO simple to make and it only takes a few steps to have a quick appetizer made.
Take a bag of frozen edamame and pour it into the air fryer basket.
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees and cook the frozen edamame for about 10 minutes. Shake the basket with edamame halfway through the cooking time to make sure it all evenly cooks.
Remove the cooked edamame from the air fryer and sprinkle with salt to taste.
What To Serve With Edamame
I personally love to eat edamame as an appetizer or as a predinner “snack” while I am making my homemade Chinese sweet and sour chicken or a batch of Mongolian beef (just like P.F. Chang’s!) with some cauliflower fried rice.
If I am going for a lighter dinner, I will eat some cooked edamame alongside a bowl of egg drop soup.
Sometimes, I honestly just eat it as an afternoon snack with a dash of sea salt. So yum!
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you loved this recipe for air ‘fried’ edamame, check out some of my other air fryer recipes!
These are some other recipes I love to make:
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- Mexican Shrimp Fajitas In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Eggplant Pizzas
- Zucchini And Mushrooms In The Air Fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Edamame
- 16 oz frozen edamame
- salt to taste
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Put frozen edamame in the air fryer basket. Set the air fryer to 400F for 10 minutes. Shake the basket with edamame halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove cooked edamame from the air fryer and sprinkle with salt to taste.