This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
These Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops are a no-fuss dinner recipe that results in juicy, tender chops and a dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Make enough to serve a family or a more intimate date night dinner, boneless pork chops in the Instant pot cook up perfectly. You can even make a quick pork gravy to pour over them.
If you love using the Instant Pot to cook quick meals then try my xxx. It’s just as tasty and using a pressure cooker presents an assortment of dinner ideas.
Why you’ll love this Instant Pot Pork Chops recipe
- No-fuss recipe – There are many ways to cook pork chops but this Instant pot recipe makes it so easy to make. While your hands are free you can prepare the sides.
- Scaleable – Make 2 pork chops or enough to feed the family, it’s easy to adjust because the timing stays the same. Just add more seasoning, that’s it!
- Juicy and tender chops – Cooking pork chops in an Instant Pot result in the most tender and juicy cuts.
- Pork gravy – When the pork chops are finished cooking in the pressure cooker you can use the remaining liquid to whip up a quick batch of pork gravy. Just whisk in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, switch to sautee, and simmer for a minute until thickened. Perfect gravy for boneless pork chops.
This boneless pork chops instant pot recipe is so easy to make and only requires a few ingredients.
- Boneless pork chops – When I made this recipe I just used two thick chops, but you can cook as many as you’d like. The only adjustment would be the seasonings. Otherwise, the time and amount of water would stay the same. You can add more water at the end to make the gravy if you’d like.
- Water – Don’t skip adding water to the pot. The pork will burn up. You need a carrier for the pressure cooker to help steam and cook the pork chops thoroughly. Want a richer broth to make the gravy? Substitute the water for chicken or vegetable broth. You won’t be disappointed with a smooth savory pork gravy to smother your boneless chops in. Yum!
- Seasonings – I like to use a combination of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika but you can adjust the spices to your tastes. Be generous with the seasoning to flavor the pork and the water for making gravy.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to cook boneless pork chops in Instant pot
Cooking pork chops in the Instant pot or a pressure cooker results in the most tender, juicy, crave-worthy piece of meat. Use the leftover liquid to whip up savory instant pot pork chops and gravy.
Step 1: Add one cup of water to the pressure cooker
Step 2: Season both sides of the boneless pork chops and then add to the Instant Pot.
Step 3: Close the lid, place the valve in the close position, and set the timer to 10 minutes on High pressure.
Step 4: Once done, switch off and use the quick release for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and you’ll have perfectly juicy boneless pork chops cooked in an Instant Pot.
Make gravy: Whisk in cornstarch and switch setting to sautee. Bring to a simmer for 1 minute, whisking to prevent lumps. That’s it!
Tips for Making Easy Boneless Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
Make the pork sauce! – You’ll have remaining liquid with seasoning and pork juice in it so why not make a gravy?
Adjust the quantity – You can add more or less boneless pork chops to the Instant pot without adding more liquid or adjusting the time.
Use broth instead of water – You’ll get great flavor with just water but you can switch it out for chicken broth to add even more flavor to the chops and gravy.
Adjust the seasonings – I enjoy the simple combination of salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, but adjust to your liking! Add a bit of spice with red pepper flakes, or some herbs and garlic, too.
Why are my instant pot pork chops tough?
This is from overcooking the pork chops. Right at 10 minutes make sure to release the pressure to prevent them from overcooking. This recipe is for thick boneless pork chops so adjust if using thinner ones.
Does an Instant Pot need water when cooking meat?
Yes! That’s how the IP works by creating steam to cook the meat through.
How long to cook boneless pork chops in the instant pot?
For thick-cut boneless pork chops set the timer to 10 minutes and release pressure for 10 minutes.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
More Pork Recipes
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Pork Shoulder Roast
- Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops
- Easy Pork Potstickers
Instant Pot Boneless Pork Chops
- 2 boneless pork chops or more
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cornstarch optional for gravy
Recommended Kitchen Tools (click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe)
- Add water to pressure cooker.
- Season both sides of pork chops with seasoning and then place them in the instant pot with the water.
- Close the lid making sure the valve is shut. Set to 10 minutes on high pressure.
- After done cooking, use the quick release and allow steam to escape for 10 minutes. Open the Instant pot and remove the pork chops.
- To make gravy: Whisk in 2 tbsp cornstarch. Press cancel on the IP and then sautee. Allow the sauce to come to a simmer. Once simmering, whisk until smooth and allow to cook for 1 minute until gravy is thickened. Press cancel and transfer gravy to a bowl.
- Instant Pot Chicken Drumsticks
- Instant Pot Burgers Recipe
- Instant Pot Eye Of Round Roast Beef
- Instant Pot Bone-In Turkey Breast Recipe
- Instant Pot Octopus