Vegan Quinoa Buddha Bowl With Eggplant And Spinach
This post may contain affiliate links (disclosure).
This vegan quinoa bowl is so delicious, healthy and filling! Eggplant, spinach and quinoa make a perfectly balanced plant-based one-bowl meal!
I love to prep healthy one-bowl lunches! It’s such a great feeling when you know there is a yummy healthy prepped lunch waiting for you in the fridge, and all you need to do is to reach for it and eat it! This vegan eggplant spinach quinoa bowl is in my healthy lunch meal prep rotation, it’s very simple to make, super healthy and so delicious!
I’m not a vegan or vegetarian, but I do like to incorporate more healthy plant-based recipes into my diet and this eggplant quinoa bowl fits the bill! Another great vegan buddha bowl I make often is sweet potato chickpea rice bowl – it is also healthy and yummy!
Since quinoa is a complete protein, quinoa bowls are naturally filling. Another great vegan quinoa lunch recipe I have is chickpea quinoa mason jar salad – it’s really colorful with cherry tomatoes and avocados, you’ll love it too!
In this healthy bowl, eggplant is serving the role of the meat. Eggplant naturally has a rich “meaty” taste and is so filling! Eggplant is first cubed and roasted to perfection – I make this roasted eggplant pretty often as a simple side as well!
Garlic spinach is another component of this quinoa bowl and is made in minutes by simply sauteeing fresh spinach with garlic. Garlic really enhances the flavor of the spinach and makes it super delicious!
This easy quinoa buddha bowl basically has 3 simple components – quinoa, eggplant and spinach. You don’t need a huge list of ingredients for a tasty meal! I like to keep things simple, and when you mix everything together the taste is actually quite complex and rich!
This recipe makes 4 huge bowls (or if you don’t eat that much, make it into 6 bowls). Basically, it’s a week of super-healthy plant-based lunches you can make in under 1 hour! This vegan quinoa bowls taste great and make you feel good. Healthy eating is easy when you have these yummy buddha bowls stashed in your fridge! And if you are a Chipotle fan, I have another epic lunch idea for you: veggie burrito bowl mason jar salad – yum!
Eggplant Spinach Quinoa Buddha Bowl
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 eggplants
- 1 large package 8 oz fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, roast the eggplant and cook the spinach.
- To roast the eggplant, cut it into 1-inch cubes and bake in pre-heated 425F oven for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- To cook the spinach, heat the oil and minced garlic in a large non-stick frying pan, then add spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted (about 4 minutes). Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix cooked quinoa with Italian dressing.
- To assemble the quinoa bowl, put the quinoa in the bowl or on the plate, then top with roasted eggplant and cooked spinach.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!